Switch to full style
Local Gun Show calendar, talk about upcoming shows and share your sweet finds!
Post a reply

Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:54 pm

So I made a run to the dump today, and on the way home I stopped by another dump, AKA the Olympia Gun Show. 90% of the small building was being used by LC Sports, with maybe only three other vendors there. While LC had a very large selection of pistols, they were all overpriced by at least $200. Example: a CZ P10C with FDE frame and night sights for around $700. I know those are going for under $450, even from small, local shops. I don’t think I’ll attend the next one.

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 pm

How busy was it? I’ll admot that I’ve never been to a “Big Top Promo” Show because I’ve heard the same reports over and over.

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:11 pm

Well, for what its worth...

Big Top Promotions LLC is Terry Craig, and Linda Craig...and....

LC Sports is Terry Craig...

They are based out of Snohomish.

When they held a show on a reservation up north, I thought they might be onto something, avoiding some of the oppressive rules and insurance, and bringing the hassles and costs down. I guess not.

Is Linda the woman who used to work for WAC? I was at the first show in Enumclaw, and I thought it was a Big Top Show. They told me then how the woman running it used to work for WAC, and how years of members' info was just stored in boxes in a hallway, with everyone's social & personal info unsecured...

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Massivedesign wrote:How busy was it? I’ll admot that I’ve never been to a “Big Top Promo” Show because I’ve heard the same reports over and over.


There were less than 20 people there. I’ve been to a couple of their shows over the years. They used to be better. I even bought a pistol from LC Sports at one of their shows years ago because it was a good deal. It seems this is no longer the case. Anderson complete ARs for $750. The prices were beyond ridiculous

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:29 pm

NWGunner wrote:Well, for what its worth...

Big Top Promotions LLC is Terry Craig, and Linda Craig...and....

LC Sports is Terry Craig...

They are based out of Snohomish.

When they held a show on a reservation up north, I thought they might be onto something, avoiding some of the oppressive rules and insurance, and bringing the hassles and costs down. I guess not.

Is Linda the woman who used to work for WAC? I was at the first show in Enumclaw, and I thought it was a Big Top Show. They told me then how the woman running it used to work for WAC, and how years of members' info was just stored in boxes in a hallway, with everyone's social & personal info unsecured...


First off......It is Craig Terry and Linda Terry.....
Secondly, Linda Terry never worked for WAC...

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 pm

Nitro_Guns wrote:
NWGunner wrote:Well, for what its worth...

Big Top Promotions LLC is Terry Craig, and Linda Craig...and....

LC Sports is Terry Craig...

They are based out of Snohomish.

When they held a show on a reservation up north, I thought they might be onto something, avoiding some of the oppressive rules and insurance, and bringing the hassles and costs down. I guess not.

Is Linda the woman who used to work for WAC? I was at the first show in Enumclaw, and I thought it was a Big Top Show. They told me then how the woman running it used to work for WAC, and how years of members' info was just stored in boxes in a hallway, with everyone's social & personal info unsecured...


First off......It is Craig Terry and Linda Terry.....
Secondly, Linda Terry never worked for WAC...


Thanks for setting me straight, much appreciated.

I was going off of the state licensing online, and each license read differently.

The fact that they are the predominate vendor at their own gun show remains.

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 pm

NWGunner wrote:
Nitro_Guns wrote:
NWGunner wrote:Well, for what its worth...

Big Top Promotions LLC is Terry Craig, and Linda Craig...and....

LC Sports is Terry Craig...

They are based out of Snohomish.

When they held a show on a reservation up north, I thought they might be onto something, avoiding some of the oppressive rules and insurance, and bringing the hassles and costs down. I guess not.

Is Linda the woman who used to work for WAC? I was at the first show in Enumclaw, and I thought it was a Big Top Show. They told me then how the woman running it used to work for WAC, and how years of members' info was just stored in boxes in a hallway, with everyone's social & personal info unsecured...


First off......It is Craig Terry and Linda Terry.....
Secondly, Linda Terry never worked for WAC...


Thanks for setting me straight, much appreciated.

I was going off of the state licensing online, and each license read differently.

The fact that they are the predominate vendor at their own gun show remains.


You are 100% spot on.
Trust me I was not defending them in any manner....
I have no use for either of them.
However, I just wanted the info to be correct.

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:02 pm

.
Last edited by dan360 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:24 am

I've gone to two or three bigtop shows. Bought a keltec at one.
But.... Have never bothered to go back.

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:07 am

I believe they owe me money. Like paying back my entrance fee.
I’m just saying. I would not pay $8.00 to walk into Cabelas (or any other retail gun shop)
So why should myself or anybody else pay $8.00 to go to one of their shows?
It’s a sorry excuse for a gun show.
And yes I’m comparing it to the WAC.

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:09 am

I am glad to read this info... I haven't yet made it to one of these, but I am a sucker for gun shows so this conversation saved me bucks.
Thank you. :wagwoot:

Obviously they know something, but it might help them out if they were made aware of what they're doing to their reputation by the descriptions in this thread.

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:38 pm

I live a few blocks from there. Ive never been.

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Tables of overpriced crap.

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Damn stokes, where you been?

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:48 pm

I read here near daily. :)
Post a reply