Switch to full style
Local Gun Show calendar, talk about upcoming shows and share your sweet finds!
Post a reply

Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:54 pm

So I made a run to the dump today, and on the way home I stopped by another dump, AKA the Olympia Gun Show. 90% of the small building was being used by LC Sports, with maybe only three other vendors there. While LC had a very large selection of pistols, they were all overpriced by at least $200. Example: a CZ P10C with FDE frame and night sights for around $700. I know those are going for under $450, even from small, local shops. I don’t think I’ll attend the next one.

Re: Olympia Gun Show is a complete dumpster fire

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 pm

How busy was it? I’ll admot that I’ve never been to a “Big Top Promo” Show because I’ve heard the same reports over and over.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:11 pm

Well, for what its worth...

Big Top Promotions LLC is Terry Craig, and Linda Craig...and....

LC Sports is Terry Craig...

They are based out of Snohomish.

When they held a show on a reservation up north, I thought they might be onto something, avoiding some of the oppressive rules and insurance, and bringing the hassles and costs down. I guess not.

Is Linda the woman who used to work for WAC? I was at the first show in Enumclaw, and I thought it was a Big Top Show. They told me then how the woman running it used to work for WAC, and how years of members' info was just stored in boxes in a hallway, with everyone's social & personal info unsecured...

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Massivedesign wrote:How busy was it? I’ll admot that I’ve never been to a “Big Top Promo” Show because I’ve heard the same reports over and over.

There were less than 20 people there. I’ve been to a couple of their shows over the years. They used to be better. I even bought a pistol from LC Sports at one of their shows years ago because it was a good deal. It seems this is no longer the case. Anderson complete ARs for $750. The prices were beyond ridiculous

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:29 pm

NWGunner wrote:Well, for what its worth...

When they held a show on a reservation up north, I thought they might be onto something, avoiding some of the oppressive rules and insurance, and bringing the hassles and costs down. I guess not.

Is Linda the woman who used to work for WAC? I was at the first show in Enumclaw, and I thought it was a Big Top Show. They told me then how the woman running it used to work for WAC, and how years of members' info was just stored in boxes in a hallway, with everyone's social & personal info unsecured...

First off......It is Craig Terry and Linda Terry.....
Secondly, Linda Terry never worked for WAC...

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 pm

Nitro_Guns wrote:

Thanks for setting me straight, much appreciated.

I was going off of the state licensing online, and each license read differently.

The fact that they are the predominate vendor at their own gun show remains.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 pm

NWGunner wrote:
Nitro_Guns wrote:

Thanks for setting me straight, much appreciated.

I was going off of the state licensing online, and each license read differently.

The fact that they are the predominate vendor at their own gun show remains.

You are 100% spot on.
Trust me I was not defending them in any manner....
I have no use for either of them.
However, I just wanted the info to be correct.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:02 pm

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:24 am

I've gone to two or three bigtop shows. Bought a keltec at one.
But.... Have never bothered to go back.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:07 am

I believe they owe me money. Like paying back my entrance fee.
I’m just saying. I would not pay $8.00 to walk into Cabelas (or any other retail gun shop)
So why should myself or anybody else pay $8.00 to go to one of their shows?
It’s a sorry excuse for a gun show.
And yes I’m comparing it to the WAC.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:09 am

I am glad to read this info... I haven't yet made it to one of these, but I am a sucker for gun shows so this conversation saved me bucks.
Thank you. :wagwoot:

Obviously they know something, but it might help them out if they were made aware of what they're doing to their reputation by the descriptions in this thread.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:38 pm

I live a few blocks from there. Ive never been.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Tables of overpriced crap.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Damn stokes, where you been?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:48 pm

I read here near daily. :)
Post a reply