Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Wes Knodell Centralia 5/18- 5/19 2019 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

https://www.wesknodelgunshows.com/centralia

Another very enjoyable trip to Centralia. I am completely stumped by how some people can't find good (let alone smoking) deals at gun shows.

First order of business - Brought a plate of bacon to Rencorp, courtesy of the Dread Princess Morgoth and The Balrog, both of who were unable to attend the Festival of Freedom in Centralia on account of being invited to a birthday party down here in our neck of the woods.
I heard their stories about the birthday party and I was ever so grateful to Serendipity that I am on old white male and wasn't expected to attend this "party." :party:
Old white guy privilege!

Got to see several WaGunner's manning their booths and prowling the aisles. Barfly, rdb241, Rencorp, Marcusp23, a few more incognito sellers. Sinus211 and his bitch zombie66, olydemon, O-Kellogg later in the day.

The vehicle for this trip was a VW Jetta TDI Wagon, and no joke, it was riding low on the way home. By the time I was finished, there was about 150 pounds of brass for reloading, 30 pounds of lead and a few more of tin, a new (old) reloading press, a couple of thousand cast boolits, a few rifles and a few handguns.
In addition to the Tools of Freedom and the food to feed them, there is a very old cast iron sausage making press, a railroad jack, and a couple of smaller tool items gracing the workshop.
People say that there are no good deals at gun shows... :ROFLMAO:

And still, the best part of the day was seeing some friends while surrounded by like-minded folks.

Who else went, and how'd you do?

Sat May 18, 2019 8:38 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fuck. Zombie66? I'm out.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat May 18, 2019 8:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You wish sweetheart.

It was really nice seeing a few folks today as well, I just fucking hope the gun shows go off a cliff due to the new laws but I have a feeling their days are numbered.

Sat May 18, 2019 9:28 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MadPick wrote:
Fuck. Zombie66? I'm out.

You get used to the random hugs after a few years.

Sat May 18, 2019 9:34 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I was there? I think you are confused. I was at home all day doing chores... I swear.

Sat May 18, 2019 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Good seeing you boys! My gun show bitch wife was happy to see you all too!

I didn't bring home anything old today, but did manage to find something new for a very fair price.

Sat May 18, 2019 9:51 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

^ Want one of those! Very nice.

Some of the best reloading deals are from tables (or Yardbirds shops) that do not specialize in reloading.
Some of the .357 and .44 boolits that I brought home today weren't even up on a table. There was a UPS box under a table in the 2nd row from the left that had that beat-up heavy "look"... you know the kind of look I mean? The table was of ARs and new handguns mostly... I asked the fine old gentleman behind the table if that box was reloading stuff.
"Yep. Cast lead bullets, damned if I can pick it up."
He didn't know (or care about) the caliber and gave me a smoking deal.

At Yardbirds I picked up the press, a lead pot, lead and a decent size box and a (nother) bucket of .308 cases to round out the buckets, boxes and tubs of brass from marcusp23.

Sat May 18, 2019 10:02 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

olydemon wrote:
I was there? I think you are confused. I was at home all day doing chores... I swear.

Ah, my memory is not so sharp anymore in retirement. All the fine days just seem to blend together.
:bigsmile:

Sat May 18, 2019 10:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
olydemon wrote:

Ah, my memory is not so sharp anymore in retirement. All the fine days just seem to blend together.
:bigsmile:

Wait, I thought you were in Montana...

Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I finally made it down with my daughter. Ended up doing two laps before she got burned out. Was my first time back in 6 years maybe? First gun show in maybe 8? I was hoping to find an AK guy with some surplus parts, but struck out; lots of bolt actions, shotties, AR parts, and ammo related stuff though. At least one FAL table, an HK table, and some black powder as well. Fun at least to look. After the gas, admission, and time spent foing, I don't think I got any good deals. But I had fun looking with my 3yr old. She did great being polite and keeping her hands off.

It did make me think about the days when WAC would have two or three pavilions full of tables. If only all these small shows could recombine in a central location again. Less vendors and dealers and more real people like I saw yesterday. That was what gun shows looked like. Nice to see some semblance of it out there.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sun May 19, 2019 6:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Once the net became widely available to gun sellers and buyers, the show circuit began to decline steadily. Eventually either the shows will die off, or the wogs in Oly will shut down net sales and the shows here will recover.

Sun May 19, 2019 7:21 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Free Boer wrote:
Once the net became widely available to gun sellers and buyers, the show circuit began to decline steadily. Eventually either the shows will die off, or the wogs in Oly will shut down net sales and the shows here will recover.

Or our nation will start tilting towards a rational interpretation reading of our US Constitution, more judges will apply the laws as intended by our Founding Fathers and more people will be taught the benefits of firearms along with safety and the world will become a better place!

We live in interesting times! The next 10 years will likely reveal the future for the concepts of freedom and liberty.

Sun May 19, 2019 7:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

True.

But when I close my eyes, I can remember looking up from the Colt pocket .32auto, I had just bought from a private sale for $200, and trying to find my dad in a sea of liberty as far as my eyes could see. Now they're $800 and I could sneeze from one end of a show to the other while waiting on the dealer to finish all the tax calculations and paperwork on it.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sun May 19, 2019 8:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]