Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:09 am


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar





Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Show us your black powder guns! 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Lake Tapps or Lakeside, Montana
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015
Posts: 4507
Real Name: Brian
How was the accuracy on it Steve?
I dont expect great accuracy on Cimmaron/Uberti stuff but was it grouping okay?

_________________
GENTLEMEN! You cannot fight in here! This is a War room!


Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:01 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 36731
Real Name: Steve
sportsdad60 wrote:
How was the accuracy on it Steve?
I dont expect great accuracy on Cimmaron/Uberti stuff but was it grouping okay?


Accuracy? Grouping?

You’re confusing me. Am I supposed to check for that stuff with guns like this? :bigsmile:

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:43 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 36731
Real Name: Steve
I got a Navy Arms reproduction of a Colt Walker .44 in the mail today:

Image

It came with a holster and a spare cylinder, which is cool. If you're not familiar with these revolvers, they are MASSIVE.

I have one already (not a Navy Arms, made by someone else), and it has a little problem where if you cock is quickly, the cylinder sometimes over-rotates a bit. Sadly . . . this one does the same thing. :(

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Mountlake Terrace
Joined: Sun Sep 9, 2018
Posts: 16
Real Name: Marc
Image
My TC 58 Caliber Hawken.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:17 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 36731
Real Name: Steve
Nice! Is that a .50? .54?

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Mountlake Terrace
Joined: Sun Sep 9, 2018
Posts: 16
Real Name: Marc
MadPick wrote:
Nice! Is that a .50? .54?

58 caliber. Just because!
Aslo, my SP-10, DSA FAL, SMLE, and Grandpas salmon rod.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:40 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 36731
Real Name: Steve
Heck yeah:

Image

When the price dropped to $160 shipped, I couldn't say no.

That's a replica of an 1858 Remington in .44 caliber. It has adjustable sights, so maybe it's not a great replica, but what the hell. :bigsmile:

And no, that's not rust on the barrel. Just a bad lighting and sharpening job. icon_eek

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:12 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
User avatar
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Location: Tacoma, Washington
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014
Posts: 5410
MadPick wrote:
Heck yeah:

Image

When the price dropped to $160 shipped, I couldn't say no.

That's a replica of an 1858 Remington in .44 caliber. It has adjustable sights, so maybe it's not a great replica, but what the hell. :bigsmile:

And no, that's not rust on the barrel. Just a bad lighting and sharpening job. icon_eek



You know it's almost muzzleloader season.

_________________
BLACK HAMMER ARMS
1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms


Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 36731
Real Name: Steve
Y'know, the gun hobby is fun . . . but it's also stressful, with politics and laws and all that crap. :frust: So screw it, I'm switching to a different hobby.

How about old books? That sounds nice. Oh wait, here's a cool old book right here!

Image

Oh, even better . . . it's about the NRA! The perfect hobby transition piece.

Image

Let's take a look at the first page . . . .

Image

Well shit, that was a short read. icon_eek

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Anyhoo . . . I just bought this today. It's a Colt 1849 Pocket Revolver, .31 caliber, 5-shot. It's the 1849 model, but per Colt's website this particular one was made in 1868.

Obviously the finish is, well, tired . . . but mechanically it looks pretty good. The bore is good, the cylinder looks good, and it cocks and fires properly.

:thumbsup2:

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:31 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 10102
Real Name: John
Well look at that! Nice Steve, it panned out. :bow:

_________________
NRA RSO


Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:03 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Marysville
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012
Posts: 9717
Real Name: Mike
MadPick wrote:
Y'know, the gun hobby is fun . . . but it's also stressful, with politics and laws and all that crap. :frust: So screw it, I'm switching to a different hobby.

How about old books? That sounds nice. Oh wait, here's a cool old book right here!

Image

Oh, even better . . . it's about the NRA! The perfect hobby transition piece.

Image

Let's take a look at the first page . . . .

Image

Well shit, that was a short read. icon_eek

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Anyhoo . . . I just bought this today. It's a Colt 1849 Pocket Revolver, .31 caliber, 5-shot. It's the 1849 model, but per Colt's website this particular one was made in 1868.

Obviously the finish is, well, tired . . . but mechanically it looks pretty good. The bore is good, the cylinder looks good, and it cocks and fires properly.

:thumbsup2:


I have 0 interest in bp guns, but that’s pretty cool!

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:31 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.693s | 16 Queries | GZIP : On ]