Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:38 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Savage 6A Bolt/Semi Supressor Build? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These are interesting and unusual guns. About 60-70 years old. Can be fed .22LR as semi auto or LR/L/S on straight pull bolt action. Oddly, it’s also a bolt-close-on-trigger-release action. I love old 22’s and got this for a very good price. Turns out at 19” just above the end of the feed tube it has a bulge and a hairline crack on said bulge. Doubt that’s safe. The appeal of choosing single or semi is nice for a supressor. I just happen to have a SilencerCo Spectre II in NFA jail..... so it got me to thinking. I could cut the barrel to 17” (from 24”), shorten feed tube, professionally have the thread concentric 1/2x28 done, muzzle crown and have the barrel ceracoated. I hate to chop old guns but this would give it new purpose and love.

Ideas? Comments? Am I horrible gun owner to chop something like this?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Things I’ll take in trade: KAC Micro rear sight, KAC M5/M4 RAS, Glock 29 Gen3/4, 17C Gen4, Glock 31C Gen4 slide, Glock 20/29/19/17/22/23/21 mags, TC Encore parts

Last edited by UB40 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also, I love sonic cleaners. This is after I used oil and a paper towel etc

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Things I’ll take in trade: KAC Micro rear sight, KAC M5/M4 RAS, Glock 29 Gen3/4, 17C Gen4, Glock 31C Gen4 slide, Glock 20/29/19/17/22/23/21 mags, TC Encore parts

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here’s the receiver. It’s in decent shape, a nice stock and functions fine. Other than 4 small scope rail holes, it is 100% unmolested original survived right down to every part. Even has the first owners tiny initials and city (Warren, WA???) carved into the buttplate.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:32 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

If it's unsafe as is . . . then hell yeah, I like your "chop it" plan! That would be cool.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I found an extra barrel, which is easily swapped. I’ll be following through with my plan for the original bulged Barrel

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]