Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Out with the new and in with the old 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pulled some parts off my SCAR and traded it for a Gewehr 43. 1944 Berlin Lubecker. Not numbers matching but as close as I can expect for the value I put on it. I don't think I've seen one in person until I did the paperworkImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Winning duh.

I passed one up back in the day and kick myself often.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Awesome. :bow:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:43 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

AM JEALOUS.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:49 pm

Nice rifle! If it doesn't have a "shooter's kit" in it, they're a worthy investment if you're planning on shooting the rifle. Since the G43 is incredibly overpassed, the shooters kit allows you to adjust the gas system so that the rifle will *just* operate without beating itself to death. Check this guy out: https://apfeltor.com . New springs are also a good idea. Congratulations!

Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:55 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I clearly don't know much about guns but just looking at it trading for a scar seems crazy. What's special about it and what's the value? Happy to see you happy. Just curious what I don't know.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:03 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

IRackNBack wrote:
I clearly don't know much about guns but just looking at it trading for a scar seems crazy. What's special about it and what's the value? Happy to see you happy. Just curious what I don't know.

Nothing overly special about it other than coming from WW2. I've seen prices range from $2k-to north of $6k. I saw one that a guy bought for over $8k because it was mostly assembled in a concentration camp and was original. Only about 400,000 built. I can always order another SCAR but these are getting rarer.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

das_napeth wrote:
IRackNBack wrote:

Nothing overly special about it other than coming from WW2. I've seen prices range from $2k-to north of $6k. I saw one that a guy bought for over $8k because it was mostly assembled in a concentration camp and was original. Only about 400,000 built. I can always order another SCAR but these are getting rarer.

damn, that is pretty cool. holding something with such history would be a treat for sure. is that something you are gonna display or take it out to the range once in a while? thanks for sharing more and for taking my inquiry in the way i intended. :)

Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:16 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

It came a shooters kit so I intend to shoot it occasionally. Obviously it won't get tons of trigger time though. I have a hard time buying something that I won't ever use.

The exception to that is I'm steward of my mother-in-laws family muskets from the Civil War which I am not allowed to even see if the hammer will move.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]