Switch to full style
Show off your arsenal. Got a great pic of your collection? A work in progress? Need to show off? You found the right place.
Post a reply

Re: C&R Semi-Auto Rifles -- Pics and Discussion

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Yeah? Well, check out THIS ammo stash!! :rockout:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:17 pm

LOL Very Nice...Brass or steel case?? I have a few boxes of brass case on strippers I may give up

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:19 pm

Steel-cased. I was going to buy some stripper clips, but except for the 30 rounds in the pic above I intend to reload for the VZ-52 using re-formed 6.5 Mannlicher-Schoenauer cases, and I don't know if they'll work in the 7.62x45 stripper clips or not. So for now, I think I'll just pop them loose into the mag.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Wow - only took you four and a half years to answer a question.

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:15 pm

RENCORP wrote:Wow - only took you four and a half years to answer a question.

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy.

LOL . . . I used the "bump topic" button, and it automatically changes the date of the last post to today.

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:59 pm

My 1969 Yugo.

Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:23 pm

^ I like the dark wood on that, I think it looks better than the lighter stocks.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:40 am

It does look good in dark wood. I had planned on changing the stock but it's just right. I was surprised when i picked it up. It was "luck of the draw". She shoots perfect. No need to change anything. Wouldn't mind getting another c&r rifle after this one.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:47 pm

All right, time to get this thread rolling again.

My latest acquisition was a rifle that I've always wanted (as has every C&R collector...), but had never seen in person until yesterday. It's an M1941 Johnson, which was in competition with the Garand at the beginning of World War II. It eventually lost the competition, but some Johnsons still saw action with the Marines, and a few were exported. It's a .30-06 and has a 10-round rotary magazine.

Also in the photo is a 1999 edition of American Rifleman, which has a good article about this rifle, and a serial-number matched box for the rifle. This particular rifle was made in 1941 (first year of real production), and was later restored by Miltech. Miltech made the box; it wasn't original issue.

Rather than me prattling on, check out the Forgotten Weapons video; Ian does a great job of showing off the features of the rifle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY19tDMDvr4

I made more than twice as much for this as any other gun I've bought . . . and yes, I'm going to shoot it. thumbsup

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Okay, I'm flipping you shit and being juvenile on the other thread, but really, that thing is SWEEET !!!

Major congrats! :thumbsup2:

Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:49 pm

:bigsmile:
Post a reply