Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Gunsmithing & Reloading Benches/Areas 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cleaning by hand instructions:

Mix 2 tbsp. of liquid dish washing detergent to 1 gallon of warm water in a large bucket. Fill a second bucket with clean water.

Sort the brass cases by type and size. Shake out any lose dirt from the case and discard any cases with split walls or deformed bodies.

Place the dirty brass cases into the bucket of water containing the dish washing detergent. Do not fill the bucket with brass above 3/4 full. Allow the brass to soak for 10 minutes.

Remove each case from the bucket of detergent and water and use a bottle brush to thoroughly clean the inside of each case. Use a toothbrush to clean the outside of each case. Ensure that all dirt, grease and oil has been removed.

Place the cleaned brass cases in the bucket of clean water while you continue to clean the remaining cases. When you have finished cleaning all the cases, pour out the water from the bucket containing the cleaned brass cases and refill with clean water and rinse.

Hand dry each brass case with a clean towel as you remove them from the rinse bucket. Check each case to ensure that it is clean and free from dirt, grease and oil. Place all hand dried brass cases on a towel and allow to air-dry for 45 minutes.

link to site I got this from

http://www.ehow.com/how_6226483_clean-r ... brass.html

Read more: How to Clean Reloading Brass | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6226483_clean-r ... z1JvZI723P

yeah in a (Nutshell) I will pass on this method lol

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:19 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
I bought a Cabelas tumbler that came with a few things: A bag of corncob media, a bottle of brass polish, and a slotted strainer that helps separate the brass from the media. The corncob that came with the tumbler lasted me for at least a year of fairly intensive reloading.

Also, make sure that whatever media you get is fairly small. If it's too big, it can be a major pain in the rear to shake out of the rifle cases. I've only bought Lizard Litter once and it worked just fine . . . I'm not sure if there are other grades out there or not.

I will ask one of my buddies he has a house ful of reptiles and works at Midway Pets in des moines

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:20 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just in joy wrote:
. . . use a bottle brush to thoroughly clean the inside of each case. Use a toothbrush to clean the outside of each case . . . Hand dry each brass case with a clean towel

=))

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

not sure where one would pick up suck small brushes to fit in these areas lol let me test the wifes tooth brush hahaha

Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:36 pm
Profile YIM
Founding Father
Founding Father

Just in joy wrote:
not sure where one would pick up suck small brushes to fit in these areas lol let me test the wifes tooth brush hahaha

Between feeding your kids walnuts to get tumbler media and using the wife's toothbrush for cleaning brass, I am pretty much dying here! =))

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TacticalAssault wrote:
Just in joy wrote:
not sure where one would pick up such small brushes to fit in these areas lol let me test the wifes tooth brush hahaha

Between feeding your kids walnuts to get tumbler media and using the wife's toothbrush for cleaning brass, I am pretty much dying here! =))

lol I thought thats what kids were for besides spending most all my money lol well the wife hmmm aww she is just that the wife thats would be my pay back lol

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:18 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just in joy wrote:
TacticalAssault wrote:
Just in joy wrote:
not sure where one would pick up such small brushes to fit in these areas lol let me test the wifes tooth brush hahaha

lol I thought thats what kids were for besides spending most all my money lol well the wife hmmm aww she is just that the wife thats would be my pay back lol

LMAO. Love it!

MP- That is the most compact reloading bench I have seen so far. Nice!
SS- Very cool setup!

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:04 pm

Quote:
SS- Very cool setup!
Thanks.. its work in progress.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2