Switch to full style
Show off your arsenal. Got a great pic of your collection? A work in progress? Need to show off? You found the right place.
Post a reply

Re: Show us your black powder guns!

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:58 pm

MadPick wrote:I took that fixed-up Zouave to the range today, and nothing blew up! Well, the hammer did pop back to half-cock with one shot, which sent little burning thingies out onto my hands . . . but meh, that's the cost of doing business, right?!

I put about 20 minie balls through it, both 475- and 510-grain versions. I tried both 50 and 60 grain charges of FFg powder.

It shot just about like most of my black powder guns. Here's a typical target at 50 yards. :ROFLMAO:

(Ignore the little wussy holes.)

Recoil didn't seem too bad . . . but as I was driving home, i felt my shoulder start to ache. icon_eek

Now I may not really understand the allure of bp guns but the restoration...now that’s something I understand. Really nice work cleaning up that old rifle Steve! Beautiful!

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:02 pm

I just got this last evening. this Thompson Center Black Diamond XR .50 .cal that was my Uncles. When he passed a few months ago his Children fought over his guns. Turns out none of them wanted this gun. Got 2 pounds of Pyrodex with it.

Not the best picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:41 pm

1854 (so i'm told) Snider-Enfield

1863 Springfield

1902 Ithaca 12ga SxS, Damascus barrels

Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:15 am

Ooooh, HK_Dave, you've got some cool stuff there! Do you shoot any of those?

I assume that the top two are both conversions? Is the 1863 one of those?
https://www.ima-usa.com/products/origin ... 2242882117

Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:09 am

honestly i don't know anything about the first two. they're just rusted-out wall hangers my grandfather found in an old garage about 40 years ago.

the Ithaca should be a shooter. bought it at a WAC show a few years ago because i liked the look of the barrels. i've just never bothered sourcing the shells for it.

Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:39 am

HK_Dave wrote:they're just rusted-out wall hangers

icon_eek

:gibbs:

Well, if they ever need a home....
Post a reply