Switch to full style
Show off your arsenal. Got a great pic of your collection? A work in progress? Need to show off? You found the right place.
Post a reply

Re: Revolver Pic Thread

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:14 am

Added a vintage T-Grip to the Colt PPS.

And then, two GB auction wins. One was pretty much a bust, a 1930 Colt Detective Special that intrigued me as it had law enforcement markings on the butt. It's been refinished (heavy handedly) and the original Colt markings are gone from the frame, though the LE markings are still there on the butt though a bit buffed out. Barrel is a later replacement. Grips were a poor fit so I got Thai smooth hardwood grips that only fit a little better. Either the original frame was a bit off or the refinish messed it up (probably the latter). It's still a neat prewar Colt that was 100% carried by cops back in the day.

Markings with original grips:

(Sheriff of "W" County, would take a factory letter to narrow it down. Colt would have shipped directly to the department back then.)

New grips:

And the good buy, a LNIB 1978 S&W 14-4 Masterpiece .38 Special. I'll shoot it for sure but you can guarantee I'll baby it. Another heirloom gun.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:21 am

Your revolvers never fail to impress. :bow:

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:45 am

Damn that 14-4 is pretty!

Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:02 pm

Some new pics.

The 14-4 pictured above with new Altamont olivewood Roper-type (Fauxper) target grips.

Got some Thai repros of the old Colt targets (originals run about $300 in nice shape) but they looked unfinished when they arrived. Some tung oil love and now they look the part on my 1933 Colt OMT.

And the new 629-2 Mountain Revolver (.44 Magnum) with some Mayan Bloodwood boot grips. I imagine it will be a handful with this combo and full power loads.

Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:36 am

^^^ Very nice! thumbsup

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:45 pm

WaGuns Wheel Guns=Hapiness :wagwoot:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:50 pm

Dead Thread Resurrected.....

Took a family photo today....

Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:14 pm

zombie66 wrote:Dead Thread Resurrected.....

Took a family photo today....

Maybe instead of taking pics of your revolvers you could weed and feed your yard. Mow it, water it, idk, hell just talking to it might help it.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:43 pm

Look you fucking hillbilly, my Dandelion Farm nets me the money I need to buy my revolvers so suck it!!!!

Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:51 pm

You have one too many NAAs, trade for a couple jugs of Roundup?

Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:14 pm

Chains wrote:You have one too many NAAs, trade for a couple jugs of Roundup?

:ROFLMAO:

I'm glad you didn't send that offer in a PM. thumbsup

Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:46 pm

Revolver buys have slowed quite a bit. 1) more competition online 2) not many old guns FS in E WA and 3) been pouring money into the endless pit that is my P80 build.

S&W 1917, all original but plenty of honest wear. These are .45ACP guns that can be used without moon clips (punch out cases with a dowel) but really call for them for fast shooting. This is an early example (four digit serial number) with the grooved hammer and grips with concave tops.

104 year old gun, all original, served in World War One and possibly other later conflicts, that fires a readily-available modern cartridge. What's not to like?

Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:09 pm

Wow this thread has slowed down! Took some glamour shots with the great afternoon light here.

Same gun as above, but with a DSLR vs. an iPhone. Added the not period correct (but quite old) Pachmayr grip adapter. Helps keep the grip from rolling back in your palm.

New shoes for the K-38 Masterpiece.

Same shoes for the Colt OMT, but I dyed them to resemble walnut.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:46 am

Mmmmmm. Sexy!

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:01 am

I’ll play along... not quite up there with hkcav’s, but here’s my Dirty Harry S&W 29:

Post a reply