Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:39 am

Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
 Polymer80 "Glock" Builds 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

filing and drilling took about 45 minutes, by hand
lower assembly about 30 minutes as i watched the youtube vid and put it together step by step, since i have never done this before, lol
i was too lazy to mess with the upper, and i didn't feel like borrowing Steve's "tool"... so i opted out for a pre-assembled upper...
overall easy-peasy, and, i didn't put any idiot marks on her :thumbsup2:
dry-cycles ok, tested it with some rounds - ejects and chambers good, dry-fired good, trigger pull seems pretty decent, lighter than my stock G26 for sure
slide lock up is pretty tight

withour further ado, here it is, another Glock :bigsmile:

I'm a little bit concerned about the holster fitment... since the trigger guard is a lil different than stock it seems to fit pretty tight in a leather Galco holster, seems like drawing from the holster would require quite bit of force

I think Trump needs to come out with a study showing illegal immigration is a good thing and blow jobs are bad.

It isn’t necessary for us who are trying with the small part of our heart that might be oriented towards the good to allow people that are manipulating us with historical ignorance and philosophical sleight of hand to render us so god damn guilty about what our ancestors may or may not have done so that we allow our shame and our guilt to be used as tools to manipulate us into accepting a future that we do not want to have. ~ Jordan B. Peterson

Last edited by movingviolation on Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well damn, it sounds like it went together pretty easy for you! Good to hear.

Let us know how the test-firing goes.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like another quality made in America (for an American Citizen), 2nd amendment protected, firearm! Working on a dedicated 22lr, thanks Steave for putting that thought in my head....

Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:57 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh, nice. What are you using for a .22 upper?

Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

damn you people with the .22 talk...
STOP IT!!! :cussing:
you gonna make me go broke here... icon_eek

I think Trump needs to come out with a study showing illegal immigration is a good thing and blow jobs are bad.

It isn’t necessary for us who are trying with the small part of our heart that might be oriented towards the good to allow people that are manipulating us with historical ignorance and philosophical sleight of hand to render us so god damn guilty about what our ancestors may or may not have done so that we allow our shame and our guilt to be used as tools to manipulate us into accepting a future that we do not want to have. ~ Jordan B. Peterson

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Oh, nice. What are you using for a .22 upper?

Thinking the advantage arms kit it has really good reviews from what I have seen. Go for broke Moving lol.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Threaded or not threaded is the real question, go for broke on it with the deals available on the NFA Items posts, plus tax stamp. The adult in me says no, stop, no need... The splurge in me says might as well.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

goodtimes wrote:
Threaded or not threaded is the real question, go for broke on it with the deals available on the NFA Items posts, plus tax stamp. The adult in me says no, stop, no need... The splurge in me says might as well.
Threaded for sure! Only possible downside is fit in closed holsters. Some might not work with a threaded barrel. Other than that, it's hard to see a downside. Upsides are suppressors and comps. With relatively short waits (~6mo) on suppressors, they are hard to resist. Plus, you only have to pay a fraction more for the threaded, versus having to buy a second barrel. My 2cts.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

range report:
she's tighter than an 80 year old nun... :bonghit:
did not like my reloads, at all, every single one was either FTE or FTF. I've shot thousands of these reloads out of my G17 and G26 and ex's G19 without any problems...
i gave up on them after about 1.5 mags. good thing i brought 250 rds of Norinco ball ammo and a box of Federal ball ammo.
out of 300 factory rounds only had 1 problem - a primer popped out and got jammed between the top of the chamber and the rear of the slide/ejection port, preventing it from going into battery,
it was a Norinco round that failed, all other 299 factory rounds went without a problem
it shot a little low, about 3-4 inches lower for some reason, i blame it on me being hella rusty, probably yanking on that trigger causing the muzzle to go down
need to go back and test that theory again...
one small issue with the clear mag that came with the kit: some of the rounds went single stack while i was loading it thus causing it to accept only 13 rounds instead of 15
i bought 3 Magpul mags for it and those worked flawlessly. dunno if i'll be buying more of these as i'm not really digging the design where you can't see how many rounds are loaded until you hit the very bottom "15" window
other than that all else seemed a-ok

Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:23 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Those p80 frames look really good! I like what you guys are doing with these

Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thanks to the P80 crack pushers.... https://www.waguns.org//viewtopic.php?f=34&t=93901

:cussing:

was sooo tempted to buy a .22 upper at the same time...
but maybe i'll wait and see if one pops up on sale or something :wink05:

Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:55 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hahaha!

You'll have to post pics of that for us. I've never seen the white ones before, and never heard of them until today's (now sold out) MidwayUSA sale.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

will do :wink05:

now, more headache... https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_5?url=search-alias%3Dtools&field-keywords=drill+press&sprefix=drill%2Ctools%2C245&crid=CZQQUYZXHEA

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:51 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't do the drill press.

I used my cheap Harbor Freight drill press to take off the tabs on the first P80 that I did. It wasn't worth the hassle. On my second one, I just used my Dremel; I did it in half the time, and it looked much better than the first one.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i was thinking more in line of "if i get an AR 80% lower (later), it's going to be a bitch trying to do it with a Dremel" :bigsmile:

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next