Switch to full style
Show off your arsenal. Got a great pic of your collection? A work in progress? Need to show off? You found the right place.
Post a reply

My first 6.5 Creedmoor build

Thu May 17, 2018 5:11 pm

I've been spending too much time on reddit and this is the result. What prompted me to do this is accidentally buying a box of 6.5 CM ammo. Haha, who am I kidding?
Build list:
ATX Armory Jak 10 matched billet upper and lower
24" Ballistic Advantage Premium Series 1:8 6.5 CM barrel
Superlative Arms adjustable gas block
Rifle length gas tube
Precision Armament M41 Severe Duty muzzle brake
Mil spec ejection port cover
Strike industries mag release, ambi safety, and bolt catch
JL Billet 17" angle cut handguard (MLOK)
Geissele SSA-E 2 stage trigger
Aim Surplus bolt carrier group
Raidian Raptor ambi charging handle
Magpul MOE stock and grip
AccuTac LR10 QD Bipod
Vortex scope mount
Athlon Argos 6x24x50 ffp BTR Optic

I can't wait to take her out soon!

Re: My first 6.5 Creedmoor build

Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Hmmm, that sure is a nice-looking rifle!

Let us know how it shoots!

Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 am

I really like the looks of the JL Billet rails and your rifle confirms for me why that is, just drop dead sexy! I'm also a huge fan and advocate for using Precision Armament brakes. I use their M11A1-SPR on all my 223/556 precision shooters. They are hands down some of the best devices on the market for recoil mitigation in my humble opinion.

Fri May 18, 2018 12:13 am

Yep, agreed....

That's sweet! :thumbsup2:

Sat May 19, 2018 4:52 pm

Dude that’s sweet! You’ve got a Ms. Pac-man! I always wanted the table top version. Also nice job on the rifle build.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:54 pm

Good looking build there! If you reload yourself, the 6.5CM gets better to shoot. Here's my build. I just found a perfect recipe that works wonders in my build.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:07 pm

^ That's kinda hawt. icon_eek

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:21 pm

Jimmeh wrote:Good looking build there! If you reload yourself, the 6.5CM gets better to shoot. Here's my build. I just found a perfect recipe that works wonders in my build.

Welcome aboard Waguns Jimmeh!! That beauty deserves a thread of it's own. Absolutely stunning and I'll bet it performs at least as well as it looks! My recent 224 Valkyrie build is what has led me down the path to reloading. I'll probably start getting the equipment to reload for the 224 and 308 after the holidays.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:27 pm

Thx guys. I didn't mean to steal Pete's thunder.

Pete, I'm assuming you hadn't fired it yet. If you need to check headspace before your test fire, I can help with that if'n you're needin' it. I've got two sets of Go/No Go guages.

I like the choice of your trigger. I've got that same one on all of my AR9mm 80% builds. (Btw, I saw your AR9 for sale. Sad to see that baby go. She's a beaut! You're likley gonna miss her when she leaves.)

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:29 pm

These coins were shot with my build. Some at the 100. Most at the 200. Easy peasy, Japanesy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:33 pm

That DOES look a little Japanesy. thumbsup

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:51 pm

24" Ballistic Advantage Premium Series 1:8 6.5 CM barrel

NOW that is a barrel. icon_eek :bow:
Post a reply