It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:44 pm


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar




Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Concealed carry in a wheelchair 
Author Message
User avatar

Location: Issaquah
Joined: Thu Nov 5, 2020
Posts: 2
Hi there,

I got lucky and got an appointment at the King County Courthouse tomorrow morning to apply for my CPL. I am pretty new to this forum but a little background info. I played college football at WSU and broke my back (stretched my spinal cord) a little over 10 years ago. I am 31 and paralyzed from the waist down and use a wheelchair. Because I am sitting all the time and doing "transfers" to get into a seat or in and out of my car, I can see a hip holster getting in the way.....any ideas on how I should conceal carry? I do have a pouch that is attached to the bottom of my seat and isn't visible to the average person looking at me. Is it legal for me to carry it in this pouch or does it have to be "on me"? I included some pictures for reference. I can open it and pull my pistol out very quickly and it doesn't move around.


Attachment:
wc1.png

Attachment:
wc2.png

Attachment:
wc3.png


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:27 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 14609
Real Name: John
Can you do a shoulder holster? As far as on your person, i would think the chair would count. It's a part of your person for Mobility, i don't think any Officer would question that.

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:43 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 4661
This is so badass it makes my eyes water


Image


Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:47 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: South Seattle
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 7271
Real Name: Steve
CJ-

I know some people who carry under the chair seat in various ways, like you’re referencing.

Some open carry, but that can be a challenge at times.

There are a few holsters for wheelchairs out there.

Here’s one example....

1) This is the holster mount/adapter ,:

https://www.scotworksllc.com/holster.html

2) Here is the is the concealed carry pouch to go with it (bought separately):

https://www.scotworksllc.com/concealedpouch.html


Here’s another possibility:

https://comp-tac.com/wheelchair-holster ... ttachment/


These are just examples, and not an endorsement by me.

There are others, just google ‘wheelchair holsters’, for other makers & options.

Don’t know how far down you can reach, but some carry in an ankle holster.

Good luck, & welcome to the Forum :cheers2:


Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:28 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 14609
Real Name: John
NWGunner wrote:
CJ-

I know some people who carry under the chair seat in various ways, like you’re referencing.

Some open carry, but that can be a challenge at times.

There are a few holsters for wheelchairs out there.

Here’s one example....

1) This is the holster mount/adapter ,:

https://www.scotworksllc.com/holster.html

2) Here is the is the concealed carry pouch to go with it (bought separately):

https://www.scotworksllc.com/concealedpouch.html


Here’s another possibility:

https://comp-tac.com/wheelchair-holster ... ttachment/


These are just examples, and not an endorsement by me.

There are others, just google ‘wheelchair holsters’, for other makers & options.

Don’t know how far down you can reach, but some carry in an ankle holster.

Good luck, & welcome to the Forum :cheers2:


Great info right there, i think it will help cjmack with his issue. :bow:

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Union Gap
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016
Posts: 1155
Real Name: Randall Knapp
When I was confined to my chair I carried every day. I would suggest specialized garmets such as those CC T Shirts or if you can soulder holster do that. I just picked up a new brand shoulder holster that balances so nicely that I do not even use belt straps. That bag would be better suited to things that you do not need access to in seconds. If you can sew it helps but I have holsters fastened inside some of my coats with simple hardware store fasteners. Get your permit then think aboujt they type of gun you want to carry and how you need to dress for the gun and not for style.


Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:31 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Kent
Joined: Mon Sep 9, 2013
Posts: 296
Arisaka wrote:
This is so badass it makes my eyes water


They are really cool, my friend is paralyzed and he got one.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:54 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Port Orchard
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012
Posts: 685
Real Name: Josh
My old man carries in the same punch mounted under his seat as your pictures show. A lot of times he'll just tuck it under the cushion as well.


Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:46 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: In my Cave
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013
Posts: 3631
Real Name: Jim Sr.
CJ, Welcome to the forum.
As was mentioned that the pouch on the back of your chair not being easily accessible when an altercation occurs and seconds count. I had a WC bound friend and his holster choice was a belly band which may or may not be comfortable to some but give it some serious consideration over something that will not be on your person, per law.

_________________
Since Clint went full retard I’ll no longer use his quotes!!!!

"You are either with us...as Americans. Or, You are against us. There is no IN BETWEEN." ???

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:


Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:59 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Downtown Newcastle
Joined: Sat Mar 5, 2016
Posts: 3100
Real Name: Traut
CJ, good to have you on WaGuns! FWIW, a few years ago I was confined to a wheelchair for about 15 months. I did still have partial use of one leg. I was able to use an ankle holster with a snubbie .357 revolver. When not doing that, being the fashionista and snappy dresser everybody knows me to be, I wore Carhart bib overalls which I had sewed a special pocket to on the inside of the bib portion which easily held a 19ll at the ready. The front pouches on the outside of the bib were perfect for a spare magazine.

NWGunner had some decent advice, for once, and there are various vehicle mounted holster/retention systems on the market you might check out. Let us know if we can help out.

_________________
I always thought growing old would take a lot longer.....

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.


Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:04 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 43249
Real Name: Steve
Why are folks saying that the gun needs to be concealed on your person? Especially with a CPL, I think you can carry on your person, on your wheelchair, or you can pull it behind you in a little red wagon.

Am I missing something?

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:08 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 14609
Real Name: John
MadPick wrote:
Why are folks saying that the gun needs to be concealed on your person? Especially with a CPL, I think you can carry on your person, on your wheelchair, or you can pull it behind you in a little red wagon.

Am I missing something?


I don't think you are Steve, what says it must be on your person?

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:11 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 43249
Real Name: Steve
All right, cool. I agree, it doesn't need to be on your person. But I saw this:

cjmack wrote:
Is it legal for me to carry it in this pouch or does it have to be "on me"?


usrifle wrote:
As far as on your person, i would think the chair would count. It's a part of your person for Mobility, i don't think any Officer would question that.


And I thought you meant that it needs to be on his person, but the chair would be close enough.

All right, we agree. It doesn't need to be on his person. Now if it's concealed in the chair, is a CPL required? I don't know, but I'd want to have one just to be safe.

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:20 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 14609
Real Name: John
MadPick wrote:
All right, cool. I agree, it doesn't need to be on your person. But I saw this:

cjmack wrote:
Is it legal for me to carry it in this pouch or does it have to be "on me"?


usrifle wrote:
As far as on your person, i would think the chair would count. It's a part of your person for Mobility, i don't think any Officer would question that.


And I thought you meant that it needs to be on his person, but the chair would be close enough.

All right, we agree. It doesn't need to be on his person. Now if it's concealed in the chair, is a CPL required? I don't know, but I'd want to have one just to be safe.


There is no question on the CPL part loaded and concealed anywhere, i'm just asking about the "on your person" part. Car, wheelchair, boat etc.
Where does it say it has to be on your person for your CPL to be Valid?

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:34 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 43249
Real Name: Steve
It doesn’t.

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:57 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.662s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]