Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:36 pm


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar





Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 OPEN CARRY 
Author Message
Online
User avatar

Location: Arlington wa
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018
Posts: 72
Real Name: Patrick vanderpool
I generally open carry either Saturday or Sunday every weekend, I just got back yesterday after spending three weeks out of state deer hunting so I have some open carry to make up. So tomorrow I have some errands to go do so I will make up one of the days of open carry tomorrow, it will be a revolver. Either a 38spl or a 357mag, not sure yet. I will see what I want to carry in the morning.
I open carry every where I go, Walmart, hardware store, gas stations, feed store and anywhere else I need to stop at.
I do not patronize anti gun establishments, Costco, 7/1, Staples, Panera Bread, there is a big list of businesses that are anti-gun. They can go screw themselves, I will not spend a dime at their establishment.


Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:43 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma :(
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011
Posts: 1509
Glad you are exercising your rights. Be ready for a pissing match between the conceal carry team and the OC team.everyone has an opinion. I, personally, carry my edc in a desantis owb holster. I got it because it activates my veridian light upon draw, and turns it off when holstered. I liked the way it worked, and I just got used to it. Do I OC?, only if my shirt blows up or my coat rides up. I prefer to keep it out of sight, but I really dont care if its seen. I think the definition of OC vs concealed is silly when you think about it. You almost have to put more effort into OC than CC, as too many coats and shirts easily cover a firearm. Keep your CPL current in anycase. :D

_________________
"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:49 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Location: Arlington wa
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018
Posts: 72
Real Name: Patrick vanderpool
I really dont give two shits what the hardliners think on both side. They can take their one sided opinion and ram it. I always conceal carry every day/all day. I open carry at least once a week. I have Washington, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Florida, and Pennsylvania conceal carry permits. I also open carry in other states that allows it on occasion.
When I got my conceal carry permit years ago i decided then and there that i was going to carry a handgun every day/all day , all year long.
And when I started carrying a concealed handgun I decided to open carry a handgun at least once a week and have for a long time now.
It is our right to go either way so I chose to do both, if you don't use it you will lose it.
Depending where I go depends on what type and size of open carry gun I take to open carry. For the most part I open carry a 357agnum revolver, certain areas i will carry my Colt 1911, or my Glock.17 or maybe a 10mm Glock 20.
It all depends on the weather, and a couple of other things.

I always use factory self defense ammo, generally Hornady critical defences because it is readily available where I buy ammo. So I have a small stock pile of in in all of the calibers I carry.


Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 pm
Profile
Mod Broad
User avatar
Mod Broad

Location: N-Sno
Joined: Thu Oct 3, 2013
Posts: 3390
I can't imagine OC has raised too many eyebrows on your home turf. :wink05: I've open carried around town and not one fuck has been given by anyone. I see an open carrier at least once a week and even the ones who conceal don't exactly put a lot of effort into it.

Honestly, that's just the way I like it.

_________________
"Hmmm. I've been looking for a way to serve the community that incorporates my violence." -- Leela


Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:22 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: South Seattle
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 4271
Real Name: Steve
DoveRelease wrote:
I really dont give two shits what the hardliners think on both side. They can take their one sided opinion and ram it. I always conceal carry every day/all day. I open carry at least once a week. I have Washington, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Florida, and Pennsylvania conceal carry permits. I also open carry in other states that allows it on occasion.
When I got my conceal carry permit years ago i decided then and there that i was going to carry a handgun every day/all day , all year long.
And when I started carrying a concealed handgun I decided to open carry a handgun at least once a week and have for a long time now.
It is our right to go either way so I chose to do both, if you don't use it you will lose it.
Depending where I go depends on what type and size of open carry gun I take to open carry. For the most part I open carry a 357agnum revolver, certain areas i will carry my Colt 1911, or my Glock.17 or maybe a 10mm Glock 20.
It all depends on the weather, and a couple of other things.

I always use factory self defense ammo, generally Hornady critical defences because it is readily available where I buy ammo. So I have a small stock pile of in in all of the calibers I carry.


Just curious...

You say you carry every day, all day, and have for years...

So, if you're meeting friends for dinner & drinks, or happy hour at a bar, you always carry?

When going into restricted government buildings, you always carry?

You were so adamant in in your statement, I just wondered.


Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:35 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Location: Arlington wa
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018
Posts: 72
Real Name: Patrick vanderpool
I conceal carry every day/all day and open carry atleast once a week. If I happen to go to the county building in Everett with the court house I conceal carry and go.to the back entrance, tell the guard I have a conceal carry firearm. They have you wait there and get a US Federal Marshal who will open a small lock box for your firearm. They will ask.to see your permit when you drop it off and again when you retrieve it.
I never stop at the post office, and have no reason to stop in any school so I'm good to go.
As far as the casinos go concealed is concealed. I talked to two guys who work at the tulalip court and asked them about carrying in the casino. That sign on their door is just like the sign on the door at Chucky Cheese Pizza. Same message.


Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:14 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Lawton, OK
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011
Posts: 13449
Real Name: Chuck
DR, as a lot of members on here will testify I am very Pro OC. There is a site that caters to OC: Opencarry.org
You just sound "angry" about it.
Very firm believer for carrying in general. It sucks that I work on a military post so I cant carry like I would like to.
I feel if you want carry do it. Open or CC. I just hate that when the CC "only" people talk about that mysterious "element of surprise".

_________________
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
"Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux


Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:29 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: kirkland
Joined: Wed May 1, 2013
Posts: 7390
Real Name: jim
NWGunner wrote:
DoveRelease wrote:
I really dont give two shits what the hardliners think on both side. They can take their one sided opinion and ram it. I always conceal carry every day/all day. I open carry at least once a week. I have Washington, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Florida, and Pennsylvania conceal carry permits. I also open carry in other states that allows it on occasion.
When I got my conceal carry permit years ago i decided then and there that i was going to carry a handgun every day/all day , all year long.
And when I started carrying a concealed handgun I decided to open carry a handgun at least once a week and have for a long time now.
It is our right to go either way so I chose to do both, if you don't use it you will lose it.
Depending where I go depends on what type and size of open carry gun I take to open carry. For the most part I open carry a 357agnum revolver, certain areas i will carry my Colt 1911, or my Glock.17 or maybe a 10mm Glock 20.
It all depends on the weather, and a couple of other things.

I always use factory self defense ammo, generally Hornady critical defences because it is readily available where I buy ammo. So I have a small stock pile of in in all of the calibers I carry.


Just curious...

You say you carry every day, all day, and have for years...

So, if you're meeting friends for dinner & drinks, or happy hour at a bar, you always carry?

When going into restricted government buildings, you always carry?

You were so adamant in in your statement, I just wondered.


not sure I would answer these questions on a public forum or in writing anywhere.

_________________
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

"I love Girl Scout Crack!" ~ usrifle

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli


Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:29 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Marysville, WA
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011
Posts: 11505
Real Name: Mike
jukk0u wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
DoveRelease wrote:
I really dont give two shits what the hardliners think on both side. They can take their one sided opinion and ram it. I always conceal carry every day/all day. I open carry at least once a week. I have Washington, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Florida, and Pennsylvania conceal carry permits. I also open carry in other states that allows it on occasion.
When I got my conceal carry permit years ago i decided then and there that i was going to carry a handgun every day/all day , all year long.
And when I started carrying a concealed handgun I decided to open carry a handgun at least once a week and have for a long time now.
It is our right to go either way so I chose to do both, if you don't use it you will lose it.
Depending where I go depends on what type and size of open carry gun I take to open carry. For the most part I open carry a 357agnum revolver, certain areas i will carry my Colt 1911, or my Glock.17 or maybe a 10mm Glock 20.
It all depends on the weather, and a couple of other things.

I always use factory self defense ammo, generally Hornady critical defences because it is readily available where I buy ammo. So I have a small stock pile of in in all of the calibers I carry.


Just curious...

You say you carry every day, all day, and have for years...

So, if you're meeting friends for dinner & drinks, or happy hour at a bar, you always carry?

When going into restricted government buildings, you always carry?

You were so adamant in in your statement, I just wondered.


not sure I would answer these questions on a public forum or in writing anywhere.



Too much debate over OC vs CC. I prefer to JC (Just Carry).

If OC is going to cause a big rhubarb I wear a big shirt or vest. Otherwise I just go about my business in a manner that's most comfortable.

FWIW, I seriously doubt that most people around someone who's open carrying either don't notice or don't care. Of those that do notice, more likely than not most don't care.

For those that notice and care, screw em. For the most part by the time they get anyone to do anything about your open carrying you could already be on your way to somewhere else.

_________________
"I've learned from the Dog that an afternoon nap is a good thing"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare


Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:10 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: NE WA
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011
Posts: 3484
Real Name: The Dude
I only open carry when it's damn near impossible to CC. Like a .44 Magnum revolver in the woods. Sometimes I sling on the shoulder holster to take a jaunt down my long driveway to get the mail. It would suck to get mauled by cougar on my own property with a safe full of guns.

I don't OC, but 100% believe any citizen of age should be able to do so.

_________________
"Wherever you go, there you are."


Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:04 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Location: Arlington wa
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018
Posts: 72
Real Name: Patrick vanderpool
There are very few restricted place I go to the main one bei g the county building in Everett and they.provide a lock box. If I need anything from the post office the other half goes in. I have no reason to go to a s hook so I'm good to go.

I happen to conceal carry every day/all day, I open carry atleast once a week, sometimes twice.
When I open carry I go about my usual business I don't change my patern because I am open carrying a handgun. Never did, never will.

It is a legal right and should be used, if you don't use it you will lose it.


Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:50 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 9286
Real Name: John
golddigger14s wrote:
DR, as a lot of members on here will testify I am very Pro OC. There is a site that caters to OC: Opencarry.org
You just sound "angry" about it.
Very firm believer for carrying in general. It sucks that I work on a military post so I cant carry like I would like to.
I feel if you want carry do it. Open or CC. I just hate that when the CC "only" people talk about that mysterious "element of surprise".


I would agree with Chuck on this, no need to be "angry" about it. I personally CC, but do OC on occasion. I rarely see anyone OC, though i make sure to give them a positive comment when i do.
I have no problem with OC, i just prefer to keep my carry weapon out of sight.
"Carry" on Sir. :wagwoot:

_________________
NRA RSO


Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:10 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: King County
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012
Posts: 3911
Open carry when it's warm, concealed carry when it's cold.

_________________
King County Council wants to KICK DOWN YOUR DOOR and TAKE YOUR GUNS
Quote:
https://kingcountycantwait.org/
What we are doing next
The Gun Safety Action Plan will continue to expand and evolve to ensure that King County is doing everything in power to stop senseless gun violence and make our communities safer. We value you as a partner in this fight and hope you will share your ideas and solutions with us here.
State law restricts our ability to enact many common sense changes that would go a long way toward preventing mass shootings.
Which is why:
It's time to lead or get out of the way
The Washington State Legislature enacted a preemptive ban on local jurisdictions from making laws that might limit the sale or possession of firearms in our state.
If the state preemption law is repealed, the King County Gun Safety Action Plan will immediately:
Ban semi-automatic, high velocity weapons: Ban the sale and possession of semi-automatic, high velocity weapons
Ban high capacity ammunition magazines: Ban the sale and possession of high capacity ammunition magazines


Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:31 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 9286
Real Name: John
My Matching Belt, Holster and mag Pouch from Horizon Country Leather is so good Looking, i should open carry that Rig more often.
https://www.horizoncountryleather.com/
I was Rocking it today with my Dan Wesson LW Commander in .38 Super. It brought my good Looks up like 3 points on the 10 scale.
:bigsmile:

_________________
NRA RSO


Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:02 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.888s | 15 Queries | GZIP : On ]