Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Any opinions on Urban Carry holsters?

Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:02 pm

I keep seeing ads for these holsters and they look like they might be a good solution for the more rotund concealed carrier (like me).

https://urbancarryholsters.com/order-cu ... ld-g3.html

Anyone one got one? If so, how do you like it?

Re: Any opinions on Urban Carry holsters?

Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:55 pm

I too saw the ads, but when I dug a little further I found a lot of negative reviews. It's a good idea, but seems like most of the complaints were related to the fact that with even a moderately tight belt it is extremely hard to draw.

I never got one, but seemed like a nice idea that didn't quite work.

Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:37 pm

Following this David. If you get one, let me know how it works for you. I wear suspenders most of the time so my belt can be a little looser, and it looks like this might work.

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:37 pm

Tried getting a good look at the product, and can't from their site.

I question their marketing intelligence. Their demonstration video is a guy wearing a black shirt using a black holster, who doesn't show the holster and talks philosophy for 3 minutes. Fail.

Show me how the gun fits in and draws from the holster. I don't care about philosophy... fail.

Not remotely interested.

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:41 pm

I never saw the need nor desire to shove the gun farther into my trousers. I make sure all my holsters cover the trigger guard and I can grab the grip. I don’t need another step.
Post a reply