Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Recommendations for a Kydex IWB holster

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:57 pm

Looking to get a new IWB holster, probably Kydex but open to leather, for a SIG P229 with an Olight and for a Walther P99 with Olight. Kydex is probably preferable due to cost and ease of custom make.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Re: Recommendations for a Kydex IWB holster

Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:21 pm

Hi LC hope all is well. For my Sig P365 I've been real happy with Black Arch Holsters in Utah. Their Protos IWB is a combination breathable nylon backing with kydex holster is very comfortable for summer carry in hot, humid Texas. Very well made and has been holding up great with regular usage.
https://www.blackarchholsters.com/

Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:37 pm

:plusone: on Black Arch. They are my go-to for both IWB & OWB. Super comfortable.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:35 pm

Awesome, will check them out! Thanks.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:14 pm

My go-to is JM Custom Kydex.

The guy that runs it, Tony Mayer, is very helpful and communicative.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:59 pm

ViniVidivici wrote:My go-to is JM Custom Kydex.

The guy that runs it, Tony Mayer, is very helpful and communicative.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:03 am

Agreed on the JM Custom Kydex recommendation. Great pick. I have several holsters from them and top quality.

Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:10 am

I concur about JM Custom. I've been happy with their products.

Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:27 am

Hidden Hybrid Holsters has a suede/leather-backed hybrid holster for the P229 that works with the Olight PL2. I have one for my P320 and like it a lot. They don't seem to have a WML-compatible holster for the Walther.

Werkz holsters has been good to me for WML holsters if you want a full kydex setup, but I don't see either of your firearms on the supported list ATM.

Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:58 pm

i like k rounds in tukwila https://krounds.com, if not in stock, they will custom mo!d for you.
Post a reply