Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

No Carry App for WA (similar to Texas3006 - No Carry App)

Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:59 pm

My apologies if this has been discussed before, but I really wish there was an app for WA state that would give me some alert on my phone when I was approaching a no carry establishment so I could be better protected against accidentally carrying where I shouldn't.

It seems that Texas has some strict regulations so they have an app called Texas3006 - No Carry which looks like it crowd sources the info to at least partially do what I'm looking for.

Has anyone found any such apps?

Re: No Carry App for WA (similar to Texas3006 - No Carry App

Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:03 pm

No need in WA. The only places where carry is ILLEGAL is set forth via RCW: https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300. Section 1 a-e lists those prohibited areas. Add to that the blanket "all federal buildings, including post offices" and you are fine.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:21 pm

Unlike other states where a sign can be posted that renders that location a no carry zone....

It’s just a list of places. Schools, bars and area of restaurants where the “only 21 or over” Etc.

See list above link.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:13 pm

I wish they would create an APP for an EMP.... Let’s get back to enjoying life without a phone in everyone’s face.... :popcorn:
Post a reply