Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Carry Insurance

Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:41 am

Since I started carrying some years ago, I've always had insurance and/or a legal services contract to pay for my legal defense in the event that I was involved in a use of force incident. I was just informed by the company that the insurance board in the state of Washington has made it impossible for them to provide this service in this state. Is anyone aware of an alternative or work-around, other than moving to Idaho?

Re: Carry Insurance

Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:24 am

Carry insurance is a bit of a scam. If it's possible, have enough in savings or available credit to hire an attorney if you get charged.

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:54 am

scrid2000 wrote:Carry insurance is a bit of a scam. If it's possible, have enough in savings or available credit to hire an attorney if you get charged.

Gas station sushi.

Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:29 pm

havershap wrote:... I was just informed by the company that the insurance board in the state of Washington has made it impossible for them to provide this service in this state...
It was the anti-2A WA Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler - who decided that it "illegally covers defense costs for criminal shootings".

Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:24 pm

scrid2000 wrote:Carry insurance is a bit of a scam. If it's possible, have enough in savings or available credit to hire an attorney if you get charged.

For those of us who don’t have the option of having up to $500k in savings for the legal defense that may be needed, carry insurance is a great alternative, just like homeowners insurance is a good alternate to having enough savings to replace your house in case of a fire.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:25 am

Unfortunately, WA’s forward thinking insurance commissioner, Mike Kreidler, decided that carry insurance is not legal to buy in WA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:27 am

To answer the OPs question- no, there is no alternative or workaround besides paying an attorney to defend you or living in a different state to purchase the insurance.

Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:50 pm

I looked into this as well, and found that currently (as of Dec 2021) there is only 1 provider that offers this in WA state -- they are Texas / US Law Shield. They are registered in WA and operate as an insurance company -- which means all the other self-defense liability insurance do not operate as such (or at least within the definitions of such under WA law?). Others such as USCCA, CCW Safe, Second Call Defense, etc. have been booted out of WA and not available.

See this video for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C00r4IV8ss8
Post a reply