Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 If you're employed/work in a gun free zone & you carry @work 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
Good video but this guy should have seen the writing on the wall when the company was bought out but he did not pay attention to the signs.

Exactly.

The last place I worked did NOT used to care etc......then they did. Not even allowed in car on the way to the range.

The irony in my case, same as him - it all started with the active shooter training. A bunch of knew the best way to stop an active shooter, but still.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:52 am

golddigger14s wrote:
To much to ruin a good career for. Working with prior and current military we can freely talk about guns, but being on a military base you can only bring a gun if it's registered and going only to and from the shooting range. Or bringing it home from the PX.

Golddigger14, et al., you are aware of the DoD Directive ARMING AND THE USE OF FORCE, quote
* Provides guidance for permitting the carrying of privately owned firearms on DoD property by DoD
personnel for personal protection purposes that are not associated with the performance of official
duties. unquote https://irp.fas.org/doddir/dod/d5210_56.pdf

Personally affected one USAF base to implement.

Last I heard NAVY flat out said not only no, but...

Critical thinking involves analysis, evaluation, inference [gathering credible/relevant/logical evidence], and of course reaching a viable and reasonable conclusion while improving one's own thinking regarding the information you have heard, read, as well as you might have witnessed.

Further, please remember Churchill's commentary: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

as a nation we will overcome the travesty[ies] currently going on within our nation...

Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:27 pm

Several years ago worked as SR Mgmt for an Aerospace organization and was well known within the local & other state level organizational entities as the individual to discuss firearms, techniques, ad nauseam. Yes, there was/is a Corp policy of no firearms at work.

Then an employee rumor surfaced the want-a-be 'acting' HR lady, who was a distractor, bragged she was going to call local LE/SO authorities to have my vehicle searched w/or w/o my blessing, for firearms in the company parking lot sometime in the next couple of days.

Local VP was a fan of the HR lady so that avenue wouldn't be approachable...had a telcon w/SR VP at Corp HQs was receptive to my plight of a possible illegal search and seizure and ensuing ramifications from me and shortly there after the acting HR lady approached and not so gently chastised me for my telcon...I looked at her and gently reminded her she was only 'acting' and that I heard rumors she would be returning to her original HR clerk position.

Ya know, she never said another word but a positive side, myself and other employees parked on the street!!

Critical thinking involves analysis, evaluation, inference [gathering credible/relevant/logical evidence], and of course reaching a viable and reasonable conclusion while improving one's own thinking regarding the information you have heard, read, as well as you might have witnessed.

Further, please remember Churchill's commentary: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

as a nation we will overcome the travesty[ies] currently going on within our nation...

Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:50 pm

opps

Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't break rules and laws you aren't willing to face the consequences of.

Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm sure that was the mantra of racist employers in the Jim Crow south. Rules about blacks using white fountains and bathrooms and schools. Evil/unconstitutional rules deserve to be broken and must be.

Don't stand on the wrong side of history.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Evil/unconstitutional rules deserve to be broken and must be.

Cool.

You selling unregistered full auto sears?

Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

curiouscuz wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
To much to ruin a good career for. Working with prior and current military we can freely talk about guns, but being on a military base you can only bring a gun if it's registered and going only to and from the shooting range. Or bringing it home from the PX.

Golddigger14, et al., you are aware of the DoD Directive ARMING AND THE USE OF FORCE, quote
* Provides guidance for permitting the carrying of privately owned firearms on DoD property by DoD
personnel for personal protection purposes that are not associated with the performance of official
duties. unquote https://irp.fas.org/doddir/dod/d5210_56.pdf

Personally affected one USAF base to implement.

Last I heard NAVY flat out said not only no, but...

"e. Pursuant to Section 4 of this issuance, DoD personnel may request permission to carry a
privately owned firearm on DoD property for personal protection purposes that are not related to
the performance of official duties or duty status."

Yeah, don't see that happening.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:52 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

bubblewhip wrote:
Alpine wrote:
Evil/unconstitutional rules deserve to be broken and must be.

Cool.

You selling unregistered full auto sears?

:hook1: :popcorn: :ROFLMAO:

Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Life is full of choices. Yours will determine your fate.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:21 am

Was training National Guard Soldiers in Utah very recently. Surprisingly, many were armed with personal weapons while in uniform. The weather was very warm and when they removed their blouses, everyone was open carrying like it was no big deal at all. The training was nothing that involved anything tactical or even closely related. Carrying personal weapons was National Guard approved. These guys were not going to risk anything and most were senior NCO's.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whatever you do...just dont leave you piece in the shitter. I had to deal with that as a supervisor, one of my guys forgot his, word had spread before it got to me, so i had to bring in HR. You should have seen the look on her face when i'm like "hey someone left this in the shitter, it is cleared and empty, but i dont know who's it is"

I wouldnt have turned it in if i knew who it was and a half a dozen people didnt already know.

The employee got an HR ass chewing and the company clarified their policy, ofcourse i objected and told them they should allow open carry instead.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2