Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Opened Carried yesterday 

People from WA are pretty naive and I usually don't like them To be honest.
I'm from idaho and people wouldn't care if you have a .50bmg you were carrying around.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the funny thing I looked like a bum yeaterday I guess it did help I wore my big brothers and big sisters shirt while fishing lol for a bowlathon we did in Nevada but it was a intresting day. to say the least. good times!

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:19 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For the past year and a half I have open carried regularly in and around Federal Way. We meet once a month at the Starbucks @ the Crossings and I would say that FWPD has never given me any problems. For more read here...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showt ... ort........

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:23 pm

I prefer concealed carry as it doesn't stir up the chicken littles. If they don't know I'm carrying they are far less likely to assume that I'm doing something wrong. Yes, you can carry openly, but why? And I do have my CPL. Discretion has its benefits. If my wife doesn't know I'm carrying, why should anyone else?

Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

there is no Specific reason as to WHY I open carry I do it because i can thats about the only reason I manage to stay out of trouble my whole adult life as i do not look for it. But CC and OC are 2 totally different things. If I wanted to be Discreet about it I can do that also, But I say Why? Element of surprise? I am not one of those that puts my thinking cap on and sits in a living room Pretending of what if's! That does not apply to the real world! Holester practiceing Pretending if someone is coming at you from the front from the side lol I am sorry to Laugh but not my style. Most people the get robbed on a street do not know until the last minute. and if you can't fight then IMO you have a slim chance to Produce or even show your firearm. Or let's Play Back the What IF someone comes walking down the street saying hey I am going to rob you so give me your money. well then yeah I can see CC being benificail at that time.

IMO again OC will most of the time keep the knuckleheads away as a few things one they don't know if your a LEO or who you are. as that would not be a smart move for them and 2 carring open you can reach for the firearm faster then with it tuck in the ass crack.

When I OC I am fishing most of the time not when I am off to the mall to shop of at a Grocery store.. and some of the places I fish People are the Least of my problems I am more worried about Bears and other Wildlife. better to be the hunter than the hunted!

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:36 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWShooter wrote:
I prefer concealed carry as it doesn't stir up the chicken littles. If they don't know I'm carrying they are far less likely to assume that I'm doing something wrong. Yes, you can carry openly, but why? And I do have my CPL. Discretion has its benefits. If my wife doesn't know I'm carrying, why should anyone else?

Recently read a Louisiana State Supreme Court decision from 1850 that was posted in another forum. Seems like their Justices felt that only criminals had reason to conceal and free men should feel no shame in exercising their constitutionally assured right. This was the reasoning behind many of the early anti gun carry laws, that only criminals concealed so they could attack those who were unaware.

When you say "why open carry" I say "why not?" I've got nothing to hide. In many cases the only one that notices that you are carrying a firearm is YOU. Unless you favor chrome plated pistols in fancy holsters, many people don't even notice that you have something on your belt. If you carry in a traditional manner your pistol/holster is only visible from a narrow view angle and many times it's obscured even then by your arm.

I open carry when I feel like it. I tend to feel like it more when it's warm outside and when cold I just put on a jacket which naturally tends to conceal.

I don't spend a lot of time worrying about the "chicken little's" and in several decades of carrying openly or concealed I have yet to have a negative encounter with any LEO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3