Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:51 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Opened Carried yesterday 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I mainly opened carried my Pistol for the first time to parks and what not I did during the day, other than no one really carring. I only had one person make a comment to me he said you know you gun is hang out right. I yes I did thanks though I choose to open carry today. he was hmm ok I kept it moving I am not one for big long drawn out discussions about what I do and why I do what I do. I will say with my sister in laws in town they were kinda surprised and laughed at me for doing so and first thing one of my sister in laws said was are we going to jail for you carrying a gun. I said nope it is my right to do so! Her reply ok let go fishing! Bills Boat House on American lake Open carry friendly he could careless one way or the other about it and I don't think he too much paid attention to it like probly the other 100 or so people I talked to during the day fishing. all in all great experience. I will plan to do so more and also apply for my CPL.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:20 am
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When you get your CPL you will be able to get in and out of your car without removing/unloading your gun.
opencarry.org

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
When you get your CPL you will be able to get in and out of your car without removing/unloading your gun.
opencarry.org

Yeah thats the biggest PITA for now having it! Ok re-phrase second PITA the first it not being able to pull my shirt over my Firarm having it tucked in beside it aggrevates me to no end.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:51 am
Profile YIM

golddigger14s wrote:
opencarry.org

You don't have to unload your pistol getting into or out of your vehicle if you are doing some type of outdoor activity ie. camping, target shooting, hunting, fishing, and etc.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

stb wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
opencarry.org

You don't have to unload your pistol getting into or out of your vehicle if you are doing some type of outdoor activity ie. camping, target shooting, hunting, fishing, and etc.

I believe what Gold was talking about without a CPL you cannot drive with a loaded Firearm in the vehicle! As with a CPL you do not need to worry about it at all! but even if I was driving to the range I would have to have my firearms unloaded to drive the vehicle once I arrived I can then load them and open carry all I want, So I would have to unload and load everytime I was in and out of the vehicle.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:27 pm
Profile YIM

stb wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
opencarry.org

Before you go this route, check with a LEO or an Attorney. Yes, I read the law on this and it seems pretty cut and clear that this is a legal activity but I recently spoke with a 2nd amendment attorney who explained that this is not all "black and white" as it appears. He highly recommended against carrying loaded without a CPL and stated that this local amendment that allows carrying while to and from outdoor activities will get you in more trouble if you carry "loaded". Save yourself and your families savings and just get a CPL. Dont just carry loaded and say your traveling to or from an outdoor activity as your defense. You will soon find out that your truck and weapon is confiscated. You will probably never see your weapon again and your attorney fees will suck up your savings. Washington is an "SHALL ISSUE" state for CPL. This means you will be issued a concealed carry permit without a reason for needing one and the state has to issue it to you unless the FEDs come back and say you dont qualify. Do yourself a favor, make an appointment and get your CPL, dont ever carry a loaded weapon in your vehicle without one!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sig are you talking about carring in a car loaded or out in public? as I am now starting to get confused?

as I am not carring it in my vehicle loaded only on my person when I am out of the vehicle. or for that few moments I am holstering the fire arm. or removing it when i get in my car. other than that I do not drive around with it loaded. because as far as I knew outdoor activites or not i must be unloaded inside your vehicle unless you have a CPL?

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:22 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just in joy wrote:
Sig are you talking about carring in a car loaded or out in public? as I am now starting to get confused?

as I am not carring it in my vehicle loaded only on my person when I am out of the vehicle. or for that few moments I am holstering the fire arm. or removing it when i get in my car. other than that I do not drive around with it loaded. because as far as I knew outdoor activites or not i must be unloaded inside your vehicle unless you have a CPL?

Justin, why are you spending time making posts when you could be at the police station getting your CPL??? :bash:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lol I know huh I have to update my photos from these weekend lol I have my WAgo hat on also so did my sister inlaw lol

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:33 pm
Profile YIM

Just in joy wrote:

Sorry, should have quoted earlier. Many people think its OK to carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle when you DONT have a CPL and are traveling to or from an outdoor activity, such as a day hunting. This is a misconception, though its partially legal it falls under the opinion of the officer on scene. If he feels your not within the law, he can confiscate your weapon and hold it as evidence, from what I am told you wont see it again. It will take a long time to prove your innocence and many court appearances and when you do, you now have spent alot of your savings and chances are you still will not get your weapon back. So, NEVER consider it safe to carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle unless you have a CPL.

Also, while transporting your weapon in a vehicle. Both the weapon and ammunition have to be kept in seperate sealed containers and not within reach of the driver or passenger. Which means it should be locked up in your trunk. I have been told that you can place your handgun (unloaded) in a locked glovebox as long as the ammo is not within the reach of the driver or passenger. Once again, this falls under the judgement of the responding officer and I wouldnt trust that either.

You can however open carry loaded. Just dont forget to unload when getting into your vehicle or other sort of transportation.

I hope this clarifies my earlier post. Now, go get your CPL and never worry about the confusion again.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SigSaur wrote:
Just in joy wrote:

Sorry, should have quoted earlier. Many people think its OK to carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle when you DONT have a CPL and are traveling to or from an outdoor activity, such as a day hunting. This is a misconception, though its partially legal it falls under the opinion of the officer on scene. If he feels your not within the law, he can confiscate your weapon and hold it as evidence, from what I am told you wont see it again. It will take a long time to prove your innocence and many court appearances and when you do, you now have spent alot of your savings and chances are you still will not get your weapon back. So, NEVER consider it safe to carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle unless you have a CPL.

Also, while transporting your weapon in a vehicle. Both the weapon and ammunition have to be kept in seperate sealed containers and not within reach of the driver or passenger. Which means it should be locked up in your trunk. I have been told that you can place your handgun (unloaded) in a locked glovebox as long as the ammo is not within the reach of the driver or passenger. Once again, this falls under the judgement of the responding officer and I wouldnt trust that either.

You can however open carry loaded. Just dont forget to unload when getting into your vehicle or other sort of transportation.

I hope this clarifies my earlier post. Now, go get your CPL and never worry about the confusion again.

thats the way I always did it gun ammo in seprate areas not in reach of anyone in the vehicle without having to take a seat belt off my vehicle does not have a trunk but has comparments to stroe things out of reach. i was getting confused a picnic is an outdoor activity but I will not press my chances to carry a loaded firearm without a cpl as I like my rights and do not want them fudged over I thought this was legal. as like you said it can come and bite ya in the back side.... thank you for clearifing that and now I am on the same track as I been...

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:29 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SigSaur wrote:
Sorry, should have quoted earlier. Many people think its OK to carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle when you DONT have a CPL and are traveling to or from an outdoor activity, such as a day hunting. This is a misconception, though its partially legal it falls under the opinion of the officer on scene. If he feels your not within the law, he can confiscate your weapon and hold it as evidence, from what I am told you wont see it again.

It is legal, please read the law:
The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:
(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;

Furthermore, please show cite the law that says the officer can hold it as evidence? You will not find that you are correct.

It will take a long time to prove your innocence and many court appearances and when you do, you now have spent alot of your savings and chances are you still will not get your weapon back. So, NEVER consider it safe to carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle unless you have a CPL.

Again, can you cite the law that backs up your false statement above? It is legal to carry your handgun (without a CPL) unloaded, with the magazine loaded, duct taped to your forehead if you choose. The only restriction that exists is that it may not be loaded. Keep the magazine out of the gun.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

What if you are my 18year old daughter with her new handgun? How do you get a CPL? Well you don't and you learn that if you are going hiking it is legal to carry loaded, concealed on her person, while driving to and from the hike.

I sincerely hope that you are not a NRA certified instructor passing out this bad information.

My credentials? I OC everyday, downtown Seattle to Vancouver, Wa...

Last edited by gogodawgs on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

gogodawgs wrote:

OC is considered 'credentials'?

NOOOoooo!

All I get is "Hey! I'm peeing in here!"

"Peace is the brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SIG556 wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:

Just havin some fun. jestera

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

gogodawgs wrote:
SIG556 wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:

Just havin some fun. jestera

Anyone ever tell ya that you sorta look like ex-mayor Nichols? Ya kinda do!

NOOOoooo!

All I get is "Hey! I'm peeing in here!"

"Peace is the brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next