Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Tsk Tsk California.. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/12/6- ... -shooting/

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice California. Let's ban OC, make CC impossible to obtain, place laws that criminalize even the thought of self defense. These people didn't stand a chance because the California Govt. is slowly taking away your inalienable right to self defense and self preservation. After all that is done, only the Cops and bad guys will have guns. Too bad you don't have enough $ to have enough cops on the payroll...

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

That sucks. Im sure the anti's would say people not having guns to defend themselves saved lives in this event....

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm
Profile WWW

One of the byproducts of only cops and bad guys having guns is that the cops tend to be more arrogant.

Down in Sunny California, for example, there seems to be a tendency for the police to be rude and uncooperative towards citizens interested in obtaining a concealed carry permit. For example, 9,818,605 live in LA County yet there are only 220 with carry permits. Yes, the law allows the law abiding citizen of LA County to have CPL, but the county government does its best to prevent the ordinary citizen from getting one. This attitude naturally affects the police & sheriff. San Francisco county was worse with only 1 person in 2010 and 0 in 2011.

As the laws make it more difficult to purchase a gun, own a gun or carry a gun, fewer citizens are willing to deal with the hassle of buying, owning or carrying. As fewer citizens own guns, there are fewer cases of armed citizens successfully defending themselves (or others), so the police, like the general public, believe the BS that guns are the problem.

None the less, the sales of guns in California have been increasing steadily since 2003 and a few counties, such as Sacramento, have passed 'shall issue' ordinances. My sister is an artist in Albany (literally across the street from Berkeley) and has slowly progressed from being 100% anti-gun to willing to hear my participation in IDPA and most recently a very vague query about the buying process. We'll see.

Ain't no such thing as a girl too pretty, a car too fast, or too many guns.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Albert Einstein

Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Nice California. Let's ban OC, make CC impossible to obtain, place laws that criminalize even the thought of self defense. These people didn't stand a chance because the California Govt. is slowly taking away your inalienable right to self defense and self preservation. After all that is done, only the Cops and bad guys will have guns. Too bad you don't have enough $ to have enough cops on the payroll...

One of the MAIN reasons I am leaving this God forsaken shithole state in a hurry. I can't wait to cross the border and never look back. I hate this friggen state with a passion.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:39 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

We wish you a speedy escape!

Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hedge wrote:
One of the MAIN reasons I am leaving this God forsaken shithole state in a hurry. I can't wait to cross the border and never look back. I hate this friggen state with a passion.

Sounds like you're holding back - tell us how you really feel!

Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]