Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Does your workplace have a no firearms policy? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Iono.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can OC/CC all day long at Cabelas in WA. Just like Walmart/Starbucks/millions of other stores, employees can't carry, but for customers they go by state law.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
You can OC/CC all day long at Cabelas in WA. Just like Walmart/Starbucks/millions of other stores, employees can't carry, but for customers they go by state law.

It is all about that insurance premium.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

General Nonsense wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:
General Nonsense wrote:
Yes, but it only applies to employees while on the clock. Customers are allowed to carry.

I thought you had to check your firearms at the counter upon entering

Only if you intend to be fitting holsters or having a scope mounted. If you intend to keep it holstered then you don't have to.
good to know. I need to make a run up there soon need a left hand black hawk Serpa for a 1911 can't find one down here

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not allowed to carry while working in the restaurant (I'm a pizza driver/dishwasher). While driving, I CC.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Last edited by Captain90s on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
laneends wrote:
No guns allowed on the boat.... Not sure if that is some maritime law or company policy. Probably not a good idea when I'm stuck in a steel box with a bunch of idiots for months anyway....

On that I may actually be able to give you details. Civ? Merch marine? I'm assuming "months at a time" you mean sea going" which that tere is why, taking a firearm into international water can be highly illegal... Specially if pulling into foreign ports.

I work on a commercial fishing vessel. We spend most of our time in the bearing sea, and mostly dock in Dutch Harbor, Alaska. Occasionally pass through Canadian water on the way up or down from Seattle, and use Canadian shipyards when we drydock. So unless Canada doesn't like guns even passing by their country I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to carry...

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wacarry wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Carry allowed.. And encouraged...

Hiring? :bigsmile: :thumbsup2:

The boss is a real ass hole :bigsmile:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

farfrompar28 wrote:
Umm yes but we can leave it locked in the car...

Being that we work together :plusone:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:16 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

DGM33 wrote:
It's nice to be the owner/boss!!

Now you pose a great issue I take Valium while at the dentist, so I don't typically carry at those times. It would be nice to have an armed dentist:grin:

CHECK OUT OUR NEW ESTORE
WE can take credit cards plus 3%
I AM AN FFL/NFA DEALER. EVERYTHING I SELL HAS PAPERWORK REQUIRED AND I AM FORCED TO CHARGE SALES TAX

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K&E ARMS wrote:
DGM33 wrote:
It's nice to be the owner/boss!!

Now you pose a great issue I take Valium while at the dentist, so I don't typically carry at those times. It would be nice to have an armed dentist:grin:

Every dentist I know is a gun nut.

Mine got all of his dental assistants guns for Christmas, and took them all for their CPL.

It is now his company policy that all employees carry.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I work for a large multi national Japanese owned company. They are too keen on guns, and when I was hired I signed a contract saying I agreed to no guns even in my car in the parking lot. I guess its just handy to always have a pack that never strays more than about 15ft from me. What they don't know don't hurt them. If they drove through Everett as early as I do, they would carry too.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've often wondered which country I could move to that had as free of laws yet as stable a government as we have here in the US. Travel would be less stressful if I could just carry as I pleased.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

laneends wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:
laneends wrote:
No guns allowed on the boat.... Not sure if that is some maritime law or company policy. Probably not a good idea when I'm stuck in a steel box with a bunch of idiots for months anyway....

On that I may actually be able to give you details. Civ? Merch marine? I'm assuming "months at a time" you mean sea going" which that tere is why, taking a firearm into international water can be highly illegal... Specially if pulling into foreign ports.

I work on a commercial fishing vessel. We spend most of our time in the bearing sea, and mostly dock in Dutch Harbor, Alaska. Occasionally pass through Canadian water on the way up or down from Seattle, and use Canadian shipyards when we drydock. So unless Canada doesn't like guns even passing by their country I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to carry...

Being that you pass into international water then that is why, as well as Canadian waters/ port calls(you can't even drive although Canada to go hunting up in Alaska with your firearms.) I cant remember what the actual charge is but if firearms are found on a boat the skipper and the crew can be charged(don't remember the actual charge but I could probably ask a buddy of mine who still deals with it) I know it has something to do with transporting firearms through international waters or something to that affect.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I work on a military base, so of course they don't allow me to carry...which *totally* makes sense...if you really think about it.

...not...

:frust:

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

solyanik wrote:
No guns at MSFT, not even on the parking lot.

Hey do they audit this? Weekly car searches?

I would just ignore it.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next