Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:42 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Carry at White River Amphitheater? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Going to Journey and Steve Miller Band tomorrow :rockout:

The regs say no carry at outdoor music festival which is generally classified as longer than 5 hrs and more than 2,000 people. I don't think the concert will go longer than 5, will def be more than 2,000. Our seats are covered...which I assume still puts us as outdoors. Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this weird law in WA and if I have a go/no go for being a sheepdog.

I welcome your thoughts with Open Arms. Thank you in advance!

Place your clothes and your weapons where you can find them in the dark.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

concealed is concealed, if caught worse they can do is tell you leave. don't comply then po po time lawmakers wrote it flat out its not in the books.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
concealed is concealed, if caught worse they can do is tell you leave. don't comply then po po time lawmakers wrote it flat out its not in the books.

Did lawmakers get rid of the previous RCW 70.108.150 then?

RCW 70.108.150
Firearms — Penalty.

It shall be unlawful for any person, except law enforcement officers, to carry, transport, or convey, or to have in his or her possession or under his or her control any firearm while on the site of an outdoor music festival.

Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars and not more than two hundred dollars or by imprisonment in the county jail for not less than ten days and not more than ninety days or by both such fine and imprisonment.

[2012 c 117 § 424; 1972 ex.s. c 123 § 5.]

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been to more than a few music festivals that were outside. Yet only a few were outdoor music festivals..

Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

FattyKrack wrote:
I've been to more than a few music festivals that were outside. Yet only a few were outdoor music festivals..

Ding.. Going to a concert doesn't mean a festival. What you are going to is a concert.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
FattyKrack wrote:

Ding.. Going to a concert doesn't mean a festival. What you are going to is a concert.

Given the mentality of the officers coming to these concert/festivals/smoke-a-thon's/raves, I doubt I'd want to argue semantics with them. You may hear one of them holler "Gun" and then wake up in the hospital after 8-10 of them subdued you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
FattyKrack wrote:

Given the mentality of the officers coming to these concert/festivals/smoke-a-thon's/raves, I doubt I'd want to argue semantics with them. You may hear one of them holler "Gun" and then wake up in the hospital after 8-10 of them subdued you.

Good point heard, but I raise you:
With the mentality of criminals/d bags coming to these concerts/raves/ smokeathons/ festivals I would as well not like to argue semantics. You'll hear "BITCH" and before you know it your just a speed bump in a crowd.
Nothing from Cali is a good example, but watched a (seemingly okay looking) dude get mugged RIGHT behind me as he was thrown against me. Mugger jabbed the guy in the gut with a blade.. I think a chance at a misdemeanor by cop (with law on your side) outweighs a chance at liposuction by blade (with blood on your side).
And of all things the concert was Journey, Foreigner, Steve Miller, Greg Kihn, with special Guest Joe Satriani. (Satriani had a small stint in the Kihn Band, and is Steve Miller's god son).

Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

(3) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state

So I'm assuming its good, except I get confused by these two points in red. Does and mean it has to qualify both cases? (ie if it's more than 2000 but not 5 hours long it's not a music festival?

But then it says all that provided stuff with the max capacity at 250.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WolverineM wrote:
(3) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state

So I'm assuming its good, except I get confused by these two points in red. Does and mean it has to qualify both cases? (ie if it's more than 2000 but not 5 hours long it's not a music festival?

But then it says all that provided stuff with the max capacity at 250.

IANAL, but that is my understanding as well. The "and" between the 2000 and the 5 hours means they both have to be present for it to be considered an "outdoor music festival".

Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bumbershoot, Sasquatch... Festivals. Anything at White River... Concert.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks guys!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]