Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Information... 

When I originally got mine in 99 I got to the LESA office in Tacoma about 9:30 and walked out 20 minutes later CPL in hand. My wife the following August took about a month to get hers.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

milowebailey wrote:
Thanks for this info. Thursday nights aren't convenient for me so that's what I'll do. Although, last thing I want is to get on the Sheriff's bad side...this is a small community. but hey I didn't write the law, right! And he's paid to enforce it.

Interesting that they make their own rules so as not to be bothered.

thanks again.

Certainly. Do it in a nice and professional manner, be polite but insistant. Be prepared for them to try and delay.

Ask the sheriff's office this, "You expect me to follow all the traffic laws? Gun laws? Right" "Then I expect the sheriff to follow the law as well, I think that's a fair trade, don't you?"

Truth is they can collect fingerprints, and run a back ground check in about 10 minutes.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone know average wait time to apply at the downtown Seattle office? My fiancée works in the area, and was thinking about going on a lunch break, but I'm worried the wait times are going to be way more than an hour (plus 15 mins to walk back and forth to work)

*Edited to add** The king county office downtown, not Seattle muni.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cargasm66 wrote:
Anyone know average wait time to apply at the downtown Seattle office? My fiancée works in the area, and was thinking about going on a lunch break, but I'm worried the wait times are going to be way more than an hour (plus 15 mins to walk back and forth to work)

Does she live in the Area as well? Because you are supposed to go to the municipality you live in. If you are in the greater county area, Sheriff, in the town proper, PD.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:
cargasm66 wrote:

Does she live in the Area as well? Because you are supposed to go to the municipality you live in. If you are in the greater county area, Sheriff, in the town proper, PD.

We live in Unincorporated King, so she's going to go to the King County office downtown. I was just curious to know if anyone had any recent experience there, what to expect, etc. Thanks!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:50 am

and soon hopefully to be added to the list of states the honor Washintons CPP
Kansas :thumbsup2:
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state ... w.facebook

Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was just there 2 weeks ago. The office opens at 0830 sharp, be there 20 minutes early with your application filled out and in your hand. It took myself and my brother about 30 minutes total from walking in to walking out, just in time for me goddamn meter to expire. I say have the application in hand is because there will probably be one or two other people, and both of the others when I was there hadn't filled them out. So I and my brother, were first in line. :rockout:

cargasm66 wrote:
root wrote:
cargasm66 wrote:

We live in Unincorporated King, so she's going to go to the King County office downtown. I was just curious to know if anyone had any recent experience there, what to expect, etc. Thanks!

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ManikMakki wrote:
I was just there 2 weeks ago. The office opens at 0830 sharp, be there 20 minutes early with your application filled out and in your hand. It took myself and my brother about 30 minutes total from walking in to walking out, just in time for me goddamn meter to expire. I say have the application in hand is because there will probably be one or two other people, and both of the others when I was there hadn't filled them out. So I and my brother, were first in line. :rockout:

Thanks for the info. She went in around 3, paperwork filled out, $52.50 in an envelope and was in-and-out in 40mins. Although she said the lady said the wait has been fluctuating up to about 2 hrs

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:bump2:

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I waited the full 30 days in pierce county. :angryfire:

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

24 days to get my renewal in mail.

reminder bring cash!

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:39 pm

I got my New (mine was expired for too long) CPL from Kirkland PD in 5 business days. Did fingerprinting on Saturday got it today (Friday).

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:43 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jae36 wrote:
I got my New (mine was expired for too long) CPL from Kirkland PD in 5 business days. Did fingerprinting on Saturday got it today (Friday).

Damn ... now that's the way it SHOULD be. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

seriously, took about 24 days for mine to get to me.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just walked in to Thurston County Sheriffs Office, 10 minutes and out again. You can pay by Debit / Cash / Check / CC there. I'll report in when it arrives.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next