Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Information... 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

cmica wrote:
How long does it take before I get my license?

It can take from 30 to 60 days.

I read that, then I went to the RCW toward the bottom of that page:

"The chief of police of a municipality or the sheriff of a county shall within thirty days after the filing of an application of any person, issue a license to such person to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person within this state for five years from date of issue, for the purposes of protection or while engaged in business, sport, or while traveling. However, if the applicant does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license."

i've been a washington resident my whole life & my drivers license is valid, I don't fall into the 60 day exception. I hope this BS isn't due to some "backlog" nonsense. I don't see how a renewal should take this long, then again i'm just impatient, I still don't know how I was able to live waiting 9ish months for my first suppressor lol.

07/02 FFL/SOT, located in Snohomish.
Avid shooter/enthusiast, aspiring to be less shitty than USPSA C class. Contact for competitive pricing and 1 on 1 personal demos for NFA.
HMU: sales@sts-wa.us

Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:01 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, there's a decent chance that you'll get it on day 30, just because some of the local PDs like being dicks that way.

If you don't, then I don't think there's much you can do except get in touch with the PD and ask/complain.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It must be issued within 30 days, which doesn't account for shipping. According to my local PD, they have a courier service take them to a shipping center that transfers them to the Seattle USPS office - a lot of extra time to get from point A to B.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:34 pm

Mad Dog wrote:
It must be issued within 30 days, which doesn't account for shipping. According to my local PD, they have a courier service take them to a shipping center that transfers them to the Seattle USPS office - a lot of extra time to get from point A to B.

yeah this is what ended up happening, post marked on the 30th day. arrived 3 days later and I live 15 mins from the sherriffs office, bastards.

07/02 FFL/SOT, located in Snohomish.
Avid shooter/enthusiast, aspiring to be less shitty than USPSA C class. Contact for competitive pricing and 1 on 1 personal demos for NFA.
HMU: sales@sts-wa.us

Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Well, there's a decent chance that you'll get it on day 30, just because some of the local PDs like being dicks that way.

If you don't, then I don't think there's much you can do except get in touch with the PD and ask/complain.

Be aware also, that you can complain to the state (WA DOL) if a PD takes longer than 30 days. When mine was issued (@ 30 days exactly) but showed up without an authorized signature, they were all kinds of freaked out that I would report them to the DOL because they had not issued me a valid CPL within the 30 days. I just went back down and they signed it.

Of course, would anything positive happen as a result of reporting them to the DOL? Who knows, but they could apply some pressure to the PD to comply with the law.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:17 am

I recently applied for a new license as mine lapsed back in 2014 (I have a full size 1911 and it's pretty bulky for my build, which makes conceal carry not an option and main reason I didn't think to check to renew it before it expired).
I applied on 12/16/15 and as of today still have yet to get mine. I applied at King County Sheriff's Office in Maple Valley, I heard Kent PD would have been faster but of course I didn't know about that at the time I went to apply. I hope it arrives tomorrow.
Edit: Came in the 1/19/16, would have probably came on the 18th, but because USPS was closed due to holiday it delayed it a day.

Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Applied in Mason county at the SO - granted the same day but they insist on mailing it - got it 2 weeks later in the mail. Counts for either same day or 2 weeks depending on how you want to interpret the events.

Either way - AWESOMENESS!

Took her for a spin today at the Fred Meyer. Anti-climactic. Don't care.

EDIT - There was a child molester registering ...

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:31 pm
FFL / Dealer

FYI

Gotaglock.com is no more...

I have rolled all training into my PI firm for now and soon into my (pending) FFL business.

If anybody (especially in South King, Pierce or North Thurston County is interested in getting a Multi-State CCW Permit, I will certify you to attain "4" permits for $125 Per Person and Active Duty Military, Veterans, Spouses, First-Responders, Commercial Licensed Drivers and Motorcycle Endorsed Riders Only $100

(State Permit and/or Range Fees Not Included)

There is "No Live Fire" required for the UT and OR Permit certification. However, Arizona and Florida requires a live fire or weapons manipulation demonstration. Previous experience and/or training may suffice, please contact us for more information. This is one of the most extensive concealed carry courses you will find anywhere in The Puget Sound Region.

Private hosted courses are preferred but I teach at public venues as well.

More Information @ this link http://www.thesteelhorsegroup.com/ccw-d ... fications/

Or Call (253) 590-6443

Take care.

"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
- Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Be aware also, that you can complain to the state (WA DOL) if a PD takes longer than 30 days. When mine was issued (@ 30 days exactly) but showed up without an authorized signature, they were all kinds of freaked out that I would report them to the DOL because they had not issued me a valid CPL within the 30 days. I just went back down and they signed it.

Of course, would anything positive happen as a result of reporting them to the DOL? Who knows, but they could apply some pressure to the PD to comply with the law.

Who at the DOL should it be reported to? I contacted the firearms section of DOL and they said they can't do anything about King County not issueing in time...

Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Due to Covid-19, I had to renew my CPL online as directed by the sheriff's office. It was the only option they had for renewals.
I upload a picture of my state ID, voter registration ID, and the expiring CPL and submitted my online CPL renewal application.
There was a small online renewal fee so my total cost to renew my CPL was $37.34

I hope the sheriff's office decides to keep their online CPL renewal process for all future renewals.
No need to make an appointment.
No gas/wear and tear on my vehicle/traffic to deal with...not to mention the value of my time.
No need to miss work since the sheriff's office is only open during normal business hours (Monday-Friday)...I can renew my CPL online, 24/7 on my schedule/time frame.

I received my CPL in the mail, 12 days after I submitted my online application.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:26 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ Nice. Where was that? Snohomish County?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeppers.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

King County is still in person.

But since late June have been doing walk ins (no appointments needed) in some locations (for renewals).

https://kingcounty.gov/depts/sheriff/se ... -2021.aspx

Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The mandatory online renewal process is only for non-expired CPLs. If your CPL already expired or you're applying for your CPL...then you must schedule an appointment.

The only thing better than an online renewal process, is to be a free state (constitutional carry no CPL required) :patriot:

Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Snohomish County is online
https://snohomishwa.permitium.com/ccw/start

King County is in person. See above previous post.

I renewed my Utah online and it was so easy (once I was able to convert all the files to upload)..

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next