Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Information... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

richj11 wrote:
CPL submitted at Kitsap County Sheriffs Office, Silverdale on 28 OCT 2011.
CPL arrived in the mail 09 NOV 2011.
So 13 days for KCSO
:)

The wife went and applied on 20 August.
It arrived in the mail today.
So 10 days @ Kitsap County this go around, maybe she got preferential female treatment?

And here they send it to you laminated, $55.25. Lamination must be a Kitsap freebie :bigsmile:

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sweet! Nice to hear!

thumbsup

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I applied for mine on tuesday the 28th. In Sultan.

Haven't been to town to check the mail since.

52.50 plus 3.50 for lamination. I popped the extra for lamination as well.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Applied August 2nd, showed up yesterday in the mail, postmarked the 30th, boy they waited that sucker out! Glad to have it finally though :bigsmile:

Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thursday 6 sept.

Still no CPL in the mail.

Something occurred to me.

On the form, where it asks for your phone number, I might have put 306, instead of 360.

I wonder if that is going to prove to be a hangup.

I don't call myself all that often, so sometimes it's difficult to remember. And the last time, I was constantly being asked for my phone number, (many years ago), it was a 206 number.

Old habits, and not much in between.... Yeah, sometimes I get those second two numbers mixed up.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wohoo :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: !!!!

Got mine today!!! Applied Aug 29 in Tacoma. Post marked Sep 4th. Now to read all the do's and don't of cc.

First time I have ever applied or really wanted to now I am very glad I did!

:woohoo:

:hangloose:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, turns out, mine WAS in the mailbox, yesterday.

Just not until after I checked. LOL

So, I have mine, now.

I think I should have passed, on the laminating.

It's a good laminating job. Looks like it will last.

But they folded it at the bottom of the blue, info area, so that all the info is on one side.

So now, it's larger than a credit card.

Oh well, at least I HAVE it, and it does fit in the wallet. Kinda.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So for me, having applied in Sultan, it took 10 days. 2 of those days were weekend. And one was a holiday. So you know at least one more than that was shot because of the long weekend. So maybe 6 working days ? Pretty good. :bigsmile:

Says on the face of the card that the date of issue is the same as the day I applied.

And for those who get all bent out of shape when someone doesn't call it a CPL... Technically, it is an LCCP. Says on the front... License to Carry Concealed Pistol. :ROFLMAO:

Do justice. Love mercy.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Applied for mine 9/6/12 arrived laminated 9/15/12 LakeStevens PD :AR15firing:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Boy, I'm jealous. Here in Colorado they have up to 90 days, and they generally use it. The process is a little different.

I applied on June 11th, got a phone call on July 19th that everything was OK and I needed to come in and get my picture taken. (Then, the Aurora theatre shooting happened.) The earliest they had was July 24th. I went to the sheriff's office, got my picture taken, and 10 minutes later I walk out with my CPL. Cool!

The not-so-cool part is the price: $152.50 icon_eek :whatthe:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PTmorgan wrote:
Boy, I'm jealous. Here in Colorado they have up to 90 days, and they generally use it. The process is a little different.

I applied on June 11th, got a phone call on July 19th that everything was OK and I needed to come in and get my picture taken. (Then, the Aurora theatre shooting happened.) The earliest they had was July 24th. I went to the sheriff's office, got my picture taken, and 10 minutes later I walk out with my CPL. Cool!

The not-so-cool part is the price: $152.50 icon_eek :whatthe:

icon_eek ouch! that's a hefty price. Is Col. a 5 yr renewal too?

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup - good for 5 years. We have to take a CC class (or prove we know how to use a gun - military service, etc), and that's good for 10 years. They do the fingerprints and background check the first time. It's a nice permit, as permits go. It's a heavy duty plastic card, so no laminating in needed.

Renewal is $38 - that covers another background check and admin costs. You don't have to take a CC class again.

"Each Sheriff shall maintain a list of permit holders. Information may be shared with another criminal justice agency upon request for law enforcement purposes or for the purpose of determining the validity of the permit.
Sheriff’s may list permit holders in CBI’s Colorado Information Center (CCIC) “Person of Interest” file. This database is searchable by name and only available to law enforcement personnel. This file has no criminal implications, but will identify a permit holder who comes in contact with a law enforcement agency to facilitate notification of the issuing Sheriff in the event of any misconduct or concerns regarding the permit holder." This is from the CHP Info Packet of Weld County, CO. I was told that our sheriff does not believe in notifying the CCIC - he's a strong proponent of 2A.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:47 pm

One question regarding permitting:

I'm a recent WA resident. So the law states that permits are available for state residents, or non-residents who can prove they have been in state for 90+ days.

So as a person who has formally established residency by getting a driver's license, does that mean I can immediately apply for a CPL? I've been here about 1.5 months, but I've just gotten a driver's license.

I do have a Kansas CCL, but despite having stricter requirements (all the background checks + 8 hours classroom training + shooting test), it is not recognized by the state of Washington. Derp. Being able to conceal again would be nice.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No. It says 90 days. Look into open carry and decide for yourself if you want to do that.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
No. It says 90 days.

That was my first reaction as well. But it says "OR".
mroldlude wrote:
So the law states that permits are available for state residents, or non-residents who can prove they have been in state for 90+ days.

So as a person who has formally established residency by getting a driver's license, does that mean I can immediately apply for a CPL? I've been here about 1.5 months, but I've just gotten a driver's license.

So, who knows. I guess it would depend on who was on duty when he applied. And their 'interpretation' of the law...

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Going through the thread again.This post: viewtopic.php?p=29264#p29264

Resident for only 35 days. Hmm, I guess I'll see if the AG returns my email.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next