Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:27 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Information... 

http://sdsos.gov/content/viewcontent.as ... rmits.shtm
SD Secretary Of State Website:
Recognition

The State of South Dakota recognizes any valid concealed pistol permit issued to a nonresident of South Dakota according to the terms of its issuance in the state of its issue. SDCL 23-7-7.4

I never even thought of SD being an issue. SD has honored all other states permit/licenses for years. SD is even listed on the NRA site Link Given. The thing is ND is not listed on the NRA Site which Washington State Lists.

The map shows what states honor a Washington Permit/License as can be confirmed by checking the states shown. Everyone of those states list WA as a state they honor. That is what we try to do at Handgunlaw.us. We not only give the facts we have links to all the state sites so you can check those facts. Every state page has a link to a states listing of what states they honor so you can confirm it with a states website.

There are states that honor WA that WA will not honor. There are now 13 states that honor all other states permit/licenses to Carry. ID, OK, IA, MO, IN, TN, KY, VT, AZ. AK, UT, NC and MI.

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Last edited by Gary Slider on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:59 pm
Profile WWW

The problem is Washington State at http://www.atg.wa.gov/page.aspx?id=7772
only lists states they have signed agreements with. Those are the only states that Washington will honor.
Washington requires a signed agreement with a state that meets its requirements before they will sign with
them and they must have a signed agreement before they will honor that state.
But like I stated in the previous post there are 13 states that honor all other states permit/licenses and
Washington has not signed with some of those states. But they honor the Washington Permit/license.

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NebraskaGunner wrote:

South Dakota does NOT accept Washington CPL!! Check your facts. Trust me I just got pulled over while heading back home.

Read you own link.....

*Only SD permits issued to those who are 21 years of age or older are recognized.
Recognition
The State of South Dakota recognizes any valid concealed pistol permit issued to a nonresident of South Dakota according to the terms of its issuance in the state of its issue. SDCL 23-7-7.4

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:10 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

steble01 wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
While we have reciprocity with 10 states, there are many states that will accept any state issued concelaed permit/license.

These are all states that accept the Washington CPL
AK, AR, AZ, FL, IA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, MO, NC, ND, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT

I took a trip to Texas a few months ago.....with the G26 in tow. :D I was very surprised how easy it was to fly with a firearms as long as you follow the rules. Didnt hardly add any time to my check in process. I do however recommend contacting the airline you are flying with and asking them about their rules in regards to firearms. They may have different rules than the TSA.

Got my CPL at Kent PD when I used to live there. 14 days for me, 7 days for my wife...... I couldnt believe it.

Wife is the fastest I know of. She applied Wednesday and it was in our mailbox saturday

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CHECK OUT OUR NEW ESTORE
WE can take credit cards plus 3%
I AM AN FFL/NFA DEALER. EVERYTHING I SELL HAS PAPERWORK REQUIRED AND I AM FORCED TO CHARGE SALES TAX

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

M1Gunr wrote:
NebraskaGunner wrote:

South Dakota does NOT accept Washington CPL!! Check your facts. Trust me I just got pulled over while heading back home.

Read you own link.....

*Only SD permits issued to those who are 21 years of age or older are recognized.
Recognition

I don't mean to breath new life into this, but I am genuinely confused. What is the point of having a list of state that SD honors, when it just goes on to say "SD recognizes any valid CPP for non-resident etc." What is the difference? because the state trooper didn't seem to have this same view.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NebraskaGunner wrote:
I don't mean to breath new life into this, but I am genuinely confused. What is the point of having a list of state that SD honors, when it just goes on to say "SD recognizes any valid CPP for non-resident etc." What is the difference? because the state trooper didn't seem to have this same view.

What you had was a Law Enforcement Officer who did not know his own laws. In your instance I would have had him contact his supervisor for clarification.

I had this issue with a officer in the Federal Way area. He was a transplant from another state and was not current on Washington Gun Laws. After a email was sent to his Chief, the training officer sent me notice that ALL of the new officers as well as the others had gone back through Open Carry Training.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oops. I didn't notice page 2 of this thread. It appears that this question has already been answered.

Contributing member of: GOA (Life), CCRKBA (Life x2); SAF (Life); NRA; JPFO; Ducks Unlimited; USA Shooting Team.

Last edited by RosemontCrest on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

M1Gunr wrote:
NebraskaGunner wrote:

What you had was a Law Enforcement Officer who did not know his own laws. In your instance I would have had him contact his supervisor for clarification.

I had this issue with a officer in the Federal Way area. He was a transplant from another state and was not current on Washington Gun Laws. After a email was sent to his Chief, the training officer sent me notice that ALL of the new officers as well as the others had gone back through Open Carry Training.

Ok, so what is the point of having a list of states who's CCP you honor, if your next sentence is basically "We'll take anyone's."

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:29 pm

I'm taking the next step...

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:47 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

FMJ 911 wrote:
I'm taking the next step...

Good work, Robert! Let us know when you apply and how long it takes!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I applied on the 14th at Clark County SO and have yet to receive anything....... :frust:

Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Hedge wrote:
Once I get up there I plan on getting my CPL. I have 2 questions. 1) I was told that when I get up there and get my new WA DL they temporary paper one that I get right away will allow me to apply, is that true?

2) How difficult is it to get a non-resident CPL in Oregon?

Thanks for the info!!

Happy new year everyone!! :party:

You have to take a Firearms Class that meets Oregon requirements. Then go and apply, pay you fees and wait. Multnomah County is not a good place to apply.

Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:07 pm

Sheriff Palmer accepted my MD Firearms Safety Training Certificate. http://www.mdgunsafety.com/

I took the on line class and printed the cert.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:00 pm
Profile WWW

Went to the Sheriff's Office in Sultan, and Applied for my CPL Today.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:51 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

FMJ 911 wrote:
Went to the Sheriff's Office in Sultan, and Applied for my CPL Today.

Good work, buddy. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next