Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Re: Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Information...

Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:21 pm

You get what you pay for, 10 minutes in and out in Yakima, however, I am new the world's oldest CPL-holder, since my CPL lists birthdate year as...
1058!
Check your info, twice, if any govt paperpusher touches it.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:27 pm

Hahaha ... That's funny.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:29 pm

:shocked4:

how you fly back in time. Made me go double look again

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:33 pm

Got mine in a week under 30 days. Can they find a bigger piece of lamination to cover that thing? It barely fits in my wallet. Would anyone care if I trimmed the edging away so it slides in easier?

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Archerdog wrote:Got mine in a week under 30 days. Can they find a bigger piece of lamination to cover that thing? It barely fits in my wallet. Would anyone care if I trimmed the edging away so it slides in easier?

Yours was laminated? Consider yourself lucky . . . I had to go pay Staples to do it. (Well worth the $, by the way.)

Sure, trim away. It doesn't even need to be laminated at all; they normally aren't.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:35 pm

:plusone:

Trim away. No worries.

They originally came unlaminated and folks would have to laminate them on their own.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Didn't they back in the early 90's state do not laminate when they were still yellow

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:59 am

Archerdog wrote:Got mine in a week under 30 days. Can they find a bigger piece of lamination to cover that thing? It barely fits in my wallet. Would anyone care if I trimmed the edging away so it slides in easier?

Just trim the lamination. If you clip the actual license, it can (though not necessarily will) cause you some issues when you try to purchase.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:52 am

gwaugh wrote:Just walked in to Thurston County Sheriffs Office, 10 minutes and out again. You can pay by Debit / Cash / Check / CC there. I'll report in when it arrives.

32 days. They mailed mine on day 30.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:43 pm

MadPick wrote:

Yours was laminated? Consider yourself lucky . . . I had to go pay Staples to do it. (Well worth the $, by the way.)

Sure, trim away. It doesn't even need to be laminated at all; they normally aren't.

Mine came from Kitsap County sheriff's office. I'd say they encased the permit in about a 3x5 plastic lamination sleeve, meaning I can safely trim about 1/2" all the way around.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:51 am

I let my CPL lapse (I know, I know, bad me) since I wasn't carrying for a long while. The biggest problem for me in obtaining a new one was that my fingerprints are apparently very difficult for the electronic scanners to capture correctly. The lady at the BPD spent a good 45 minutes trying to capture all ten prints in a manner that the machine would accept, but eventually, she conceded defeat and sent in the prints that the machine rejected.

So, I thought I would be called back in to have ink fingerprints done, but nope! My new CPL was in my hands less than four days later. :bigsmile: Kind of worried about what will happen when I go to get my OR CPL in Tacoma on the 26th though...probably will hold up the line a bit and (swear word) off a lot of WaGun members.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:10 pm

gwaugh wrote:Just walked in to Thurston County Sheriffs Office, 10 minutes and out again. You can pay by Debit / Cash / Check / CC there. I'll report in when it arrives.

Received in hand today. 7 days! Sweet.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:46 pm

gwaugh wrote:

Received in hand today. 7 days! Sweet.

That's it. I need help moving. I'm going to Thurston County....

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:58 pm

glockgirl wrote:I let my CPL lapse (I know, I know, bad me) since I wasn't carrying for a long while. The biggest problem for me in obtaining a new one was that my fingerprints are apparently very difficult for the electronic scanners to capture correctly. The lady at the BPD spent a good 45 minutes trying to capture all ten prints in a manner that the machine would accept, but eventually, she conceded defeat and sent in the prints that the machine rejected.

So, I thought I would be called back in to have ink fingerprints done, but nope! My new CPL was in my hands less than four days later. :bigsmile: Kind of worried about what will happen when I go to get my OR CPL in Tacoma on the 26th though...probably will hold up the line a bit and (swear word) off a lot of WaGun members.

Soak your hands, make them prune up. You could wear exam gloves till the time necessary.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Let my cpl expire, in about 1991/2.
Got it in again in 20 days, Tacoma office, in on a Friday and just got in mail today.
Biggest pain was them missing my number for prints and sitting there an extra 15 minutes until I got pissed and walked into print room asking what happened, I was second in line when they opened doors and, have a bad finger that will not print and hurts to move and having her twisting it trying to get something that wasn't going to happen.
Post a reply