Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Anyone else ankle carry?

Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:45 pm

I ankle carried a back up years ago (Taurus 709 slim 9mm) and it was very comfortable. Really considering going back to it as I work under the dash of cars all day and a Glock 23 digging into your side gets old but I'm used to it.

Currently if I'm on a difficult car I slip off my holster (Galco IWB tuck and go) and place my gun close to me but out of sight. There are a lot more comfortable holsters out there but I have yet to find one that is quick to take off and on without dropping your belt.

Does anyone else here ankle carry as their backup or even primary? I guess the hardest choice I'm going to have is choosing a gun to fit the bill. I'm thinking the Shield is a no go for its size (I've owned one) The Colt Mustang XPS can be had at Buds right now for $486 The Glock 42's are another option I guess but would lean more towards the Colt

Any other suggestions or opinions

Re: Anyone else ankle carry?

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Air-weight J-frame, carried it on the ankle for years, still do. I don't
even feel it anymore until I take the thing off.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:21 pm

tannardog wrote:Air-weight J-frame, carried it on the ankle for years, still do. I don't
even feel it anymore until I take the thing off.

What brand holster?

I'm looking into it as an option as well...

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Galco Ankle Glove Holster http://www.galcogunleather.com/ankle-gl ... _1019.html

Well worth the money, mine is 15 years old and still holds the gun firm, velcro is still strong and the neoprene has not broken down.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:28 pm

Tannar nailed it. J frame S&W. Mine is a model 60. Even being solid stainless it still carries very well. I got a Galco ankle holster for it when I bought. Haven't had a need to consider anything else. I'd look really hard at what Galco can do for you.

Edit: Tannar beat me to it. Thats exactly what I use. I've even yet to use the extra strap, but the basic holster with neoprene and velcro. No problems with a "heavy" J frame.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Jagerbomber35 wrote:Tannar nailed it. J frame S&W. Mine is a model 60. Even being solid stainless it still carries very well. I got a Galco ankle holster for it when I bought. Haven't had a need to consider anything else. I'd look really hard at what Galco can do for you.

Edit: Tannar beat me to it. Thats exactly what I use. I've even yet to use the extra strap, but the basic holster with neoprene and velcro. No problems with a "heavy" J frame.

It's more of a cankle carry in your case

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Never

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:09 pm

golddigger14s wrote:Never

Carry

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:18 pm

zombie66 wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:Never

Carry

Always, just can't carry a full size Govt 1911 on the cankle.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:11 am

How would you get all that attention if you carried discretely on your ankle? Answer is you can't, rock that pistol out in the open in all its glory. Thats what real men do.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:19 am

sinus211 wrote:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:Tannar nailed it. J frame S&W. Mine is a model 60. Even being solid stainless it still carries very well. I got a Galco ankle holster for it when I bought. Haven't had a need to consider anything else. I'd look really hard at what Galco can do for you.

It's more of a cankle carry in your case

He can do it while wearing shorts too, no one can see the gun through all the wookie hair he's got :bigsmile:

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:14 am

tannardog wrote:Galco Ankle Glove Holster http://www.galcogunleather.com/ankle-gl ... _1019.html

i use the same ankle holster. it works quite well!

Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:46 am

curious they have it for the XD line, but not the XDS.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:28 pm

What I carry in my cankle holster:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:43 pm

amazon has that galco holster for WAY less than msrp...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_ ... Caps%2C310
Post a reply