Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Yakima dude hit by bat, pulls CCW 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
Apparently someone at the Yakima Herald didn't like the attention this story got. All I could get from the link is that the page had been moved or removed.

Regardless, from what was reposted here, maybe the guy should have waited until the perp started to pull back to swing again then draw and just put him out of society's misery. Sure would put an end to his trips through the revolving door of our justice system.

same here!

Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I OC'd once due to a mistake. (I prefer concealed)

Hot summer, returned from gun range, had a tank top on that was not long enough.
I did not want to leave my precious in the auto even locked. (Colt Commander)
I needed to get dog food and walked into the bonney lake Petco store.
No one even batted an eye.

RE: Op piece. IMO there are reasons to OC and reasons not to OC. Personally I think OC in a public area such as a store is risking your safety and making you a target. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :)

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:

Hot summer, returned from gun range, had a tank top on that was not long enough.

RE: Op piece. IMO there are reasons to OC and reasons not to OC. Personally I think OC in a public area such as a store is risking your safety and making you a target. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :)

If that were truly the case than I have been at risk for decades. As for being a target, apparently they have all missed.

Only time I recall where someone said anything to me while OC'ing was once in a Cabela's. I was wearing a shirt somewhat close to the color/style of employees when a customer asked me for help in the reloading section. I told him I didn't work there and an employee that had just arrived next to us said "no, HE can carry a firearm and WE just wish we could".

About that "risking your safety and being a target", as the old farmer told his young son "Don't eat that Elmer, it's horseshit".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is a good thread :thumbsup2: Let's not turn it into the pit of OC vs CC arguememnt.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Necro thread from nearly a year ago

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

If that were truly the case than I have been at risk for decades. As for being a target, apparently they have all missed.

Only time I recall where someone said anything to me while OC'ing was once in a Cabela's. I was wearing a shirt somewhat close to the color/style of employees when a customer asked me for help in the reloading section. I told him I didn't work there and an employee that had just arrived next to us said "no, HE can carry a firearm and WE just wish we could".

About that "risking your safety and being a target", as the old farmer told his young son "Don't eat that Elmer, it's horseshit".

This is an old thread, but we just an active shooter class. We (outfitters) are allowed to take what ever action necessary to protect ourselves. That includes lock "n" load at the gun counter. :snipersmilie:

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
This is an old thread, but we just an active shooter class. We (outfitters) are allowed to take what ever action necessary to protect ourselves. That includes lock "n" load at the gun counter. :snipersmilie:

Aren't gun counter people already armed, or is that just FFLs without a massive "other" store attatched. Do they give you mags and ammo, or do you have to jump the counter and open packages.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Aren't gun counter people already armed, or is that just FFLs without a massive "other" store attatched. Do they give you mags and ammo, or do you have to jump the counter and open packages.

Not allowed in all States so, not allowed by Corporate in States it would be allowed.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2