WaGuns.org
https://www.waguns.org/

First Time OC'ing in a Store
https://www.waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54768
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Annalee [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:33 pm ]
Post subject:  First Time OC'ing in a Store

Today I open carried in the Shoreline/North Seattle Sam's Club for about five minutes. It was pretty damn blatantly obvious... black gun against a light pink tank top. It would be seriously insane if no one noticed... but no one said anything. I walked in with my 5-year-old son and bought chips and protein shakes, and left. :)

Author:  hkcavalier [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

Good thing it wasn't Costco. Your family might be planning your memorial right now...

Author:  Annalee [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

hkcavalier wrote:
Good thing it wasn't Costco. Your family might be planning your memorial right now...


Yeah, when our Costco membership expired last month, we switched to Sam's Club, solely because of the opposing 2A stances of the two companies.

Author:  oldkim [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

Let me be the first to say...

Where's the Pictures? No pictures... it didn't happen.

What can I say... we're guys (we're very visual). :bigsmile:

Author:  Annalee [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

Ha! Sorry, I didn't think to take pictures! My bad :)

Author:  oldkim [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

It's still not too late... :wink05:

Author:  Annalee [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

LOL

Author:  kf7mjf [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

And 99 or more percent of the time, that's how it will be. Honestly, I get more people thumbs upping or saying positive things than I do negatives.

Author:  Annalee [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

kf7mjf wrote:
And 99 or more percent of the time, that's how it will be. Honestly, I get more people thumbs upping or saying positive things than I do negatives.


Where do you typically OC? More outdoors/streets, or stores? And if stores, which ones? I have heard that Albertsons' and Safeway are officially anti-gun and will ask you to leave, but Kroger and Walmart are 2A-friendly. Any experience with these or other stores? I'm assuming gun stores wouldn't be a problem, lol.

Author:  kf7mjf [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

Annalee wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:
And 99 or more percent of the time, that's how it will be. Honestly, I get more people thumbs upping or saying positive things than I do negatives.


Where do you typically OC? More outdoors/streets, or stores? And if stores, which ones? I have heard that Albertsons' and Safeway are officially anti-gun and will ask you to leave, but Kroger and Walmart are 2A-friendly. Any experience with these or other stores? I'm assuming gun stores wouldn't be a problem, lol.


Pretty much anywhere. I've never been asked to leave a store.

Author:  PTmorgan [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

Great job! :bigsmile:


I have Costco here... just conceal-carry when I'm there. There's no sign stating their preference either way.

Author:  Annalee [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

PTmorgan wrote:
Great job! :bigsmile:


I have Costco here... just conceal-carry when I'm there. There's no sign stating their preference either way.


It's in the membership agreement, almost all the way at the bottom under "general policies".

http://www.costco.com/member-privileges-conditions.html

Author:  FattyKrack [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

PTmorgan wrote:
Great job! :bigsmile:


I have Costco here... just conceal-carry when I'm there. There's no sign stating their preference either way.

Not to beat any dead horse here, but signs do not hold the weight of law until asked to leave, and then trespassed. So even if there IS a sign..

Author:  Annalee [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

FattyKrack wrote:
PTmorgan wrote:
Great job! :bigsmile:


I have Costco here... just conceal-carry when I'm there. There's no sign stating their preference either way.

Not to beat any dead horse here, but signs do not hold the weight of law until asked to leave, and then trespassed. So even if there IS a sign..


No, I know. We just wanted to support the 2A-friendly store with our dollars.

Author:  golddigger14s [ Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First Time OC'ing in a Store

Most people don't notice. I OC in restaurants, wally world, Safeway, my banks, car dealerships, and repair shops. The only place I don't carry is the court house when I renew my CPL (irony?).

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/