Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:47 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Open carry on a motorcycle 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I decided to start open carrying while on my motorcycle on occasion. Not completely comfy while putting on my jacket but once on the bike everything just fits and I hardly realize it's there. On the bike it makes it harder to conceal carry with being bent over as shirts and jackets tend to move up so I figured I might as well let it all hang out.

So for my first trip it wasn't anything crazy but I went out to Cabela's and bought a little backup pocket carry along with 350 rounds of pistol ammo and they also had a bulk box of .22lr somehow there for me. Had a gentleman that was waiting for a proceed and to pay for his gun next to me talk to me as he thought they didn't allow you to open carry in Cabela's and we got on the topics of what guns we were getting and I totally convinced him to buy an M&P Shield instead of the Taurus 709 slim that he was all ready to buy. Two employees also helped with convincing him that the Smith was a better gun and he even had to redu all the paperwork too. Rode out to i5 guns and picked up one of the 140 round packs of .308 to test fire my new Socom II and then rode home with quite a heavy backpack, and my trusty CZ75 Retro strapped to my hip. I'm sure the wood grips make her stand out nicely against my black jacket too.

Now I've gotta go out shooting tomorrow. Haha don't you hate it when all of a sudden you realize you have bought 4 guns that you haven't been able to take out shooting yet?

Sat May 16, 2015 11:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I too, live dangerously.

I've bought handguns that I never shot and used as S.D. carry

Ride/carry on.

Sun May 17, 2015 12:30 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

When I had my bike a few years ago I would OC on it all the time. I see quite a few OC'er (intentionally or not-intentionally) over the years. Just make sure you have a CPL if you OC loaded as a bike is a vehicle.

Sun May 17, 2015 6:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have my Colt CCO in the Galco holster about 4 o'clock. If it shows I don't care because I was people/cars to stay away from me anyway!

Sun May 17, 2015 6:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I was younger and still had a Motorcycle I used to OC while riding. Never problem with anyone, not cops and for some reason I had less issues with careless drivers. Never gave it much thought at the time but maybe there was a reason the drivers were more "courteous". :bigsmile:

Over the years I've found that OC is often more noticed by the person carrying rather than anyone else around them. Especially if you are just going about your business and don't look like a Meth-Head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun May 17, 2015 7:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes my cpl is with me whenever my drivers license is so pretty much always but with how it's worded with being inside a vehicle i can't say if i could figure out if a cpl was really legally required or not but as always it's best to have it to play it safe.

Yeah it's amazing how oblivious the General population is to a gun, wonder how many really even notice.

Sun May 17, 2015 8:33 am

My only "fear" carrying on a bike openly would be that it would get dirty from all the dust and dirt flying around. I'm kinda lazy sometimes.

I've open carried a little, mostly by accident and not caring if my gun becomes visible or not. The only time I know for sure that someone noticed was at the 7-11 on 56th in Tacoma when I lived near it. One of the clerks asked about buying a revolver.
I suppose of you carried a 6 inch bright stainless .44 or a chrome Desert Eagle in a chest rig it would be noticed. Usually, a mid sized or compact gun in a holster on the hip isn't noticed.

Wed May 27, 2015 9:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Remember when on a bike, bus, or ferry it is the same as being in your car. You need a CPL to carry loaded.

Wed May 27, 2015 8:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Remember when on a bike, bus, or ferry it is the same as being in your car. You need a CPL to carry loaded.

Wait, on a ferry even? I had no idea. I may have been in a lot of trouble a lot of times because of that.
And if I never had my jacket on, it would be OC every day. In order for me to try and OC I would deliberately need to use a drop leg holster..

Wed May 27, 2015 8:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FattyKrack wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Wait, on a ferry even? I had no idea. I may have been in a lot of trouble a lot of times because of that.
And if I never had my jacket on, it would be OC every day. In order for me to try and OC I would deliberately need to use a drop leg holster..

Ferry/Bus/MC, or car are all treated the same. OC, or CC, need a CPL to carry loaded.

Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ferry not treated same as car. I can't recall exactly where now, but it's considered an extension of the state highway system, if you walk on you don't need a CPL.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can I Carry firearms aboard the ferries
WSF follows Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 9.41.050 for carrying firearms.

(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.
(b) Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so. Any violation of this subsection
(1)(b) shall be a class 1 civil infraction under chapter 7.80 RCW and shall be punished accordingly pursuant to chapter 7.80 RCW and the infraction rules for courts of limited jurisdiction.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Ferries/infodesk/faq/security/

Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That only discusses concealed carry and carry in your vehicle. It does not address open carry of walk on passengers

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]