Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Thinking of Upsizing? Carry more gun? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
WOD wrote:
Leather knife pouches work for extra magazines, and don't really give away the fact that you have a gun.

Today people are so oblivious to what's going on around them, because they're busy with their smart phone, I doubt that any of them would even notice if you were open carrying a firearm.

So true. There was an older lady riding one of those electric scooters, which put her at eye level with my waist. Instead of freaking out she remarked to her husband "nice grips". (Engraved US Army) :thumbsup2:

Sun May 29, 2016 9:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
I wish I could find a good mag pouch. I have yet to find one that works for me, and I don't like carrying my spar mag in my pocket, but better to have and harder to get to, than no spare mag at all.

IMO, this is partly true (obviously I'm not as credentialed as oldkim, so take that with a grain of salt). If someone say carries a G26 and wants to up to a G19 (or 19 to 17) I think that is fine. Same thing with their XD or M&P brothers. Same caliber, same manual of arms, likely the same holster setup may work.

IMO, double stack should always be the default carry, unless dress or circumstance require (or make it prefereable) to only carry single stack. Of course if someone will leave the home without a double stack, but take a single stack, then carry the single.

I've often thought a great spare mag pouch would be an ankle mag rig. You should be ducking down for cover/concealment when you swap mags anyway, if you can. And it's not extra weight/bulk on the belt, and mags are slim and pretty light for the ankle.

Mon May 30, 2016 4:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4