Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Wyoming Concealed Carry Laws? 

Hello,
Im new on here. Im a Veteran of Iraq two combat tour is all i had in my brittle body and Im a marine. I often road trip with my conceal carry gun on my "person"way from here to California in the same day. I know Oregon has weird laws about "non-residents carry" so does California, and I have a small safe in my car i normally keep it in when on campus or other place that don't allow firearms. Im going to yellowstone in a few months and was having trouble finding out about Wyoming law on conceal carry. I only conceal carry because people are more comfortable with my when my firearm is out of sight out of mind. Any help on the subject would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:41 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, Darling. :wavey:

(Wait . . . did that come out wrong?!)

Thank you for your military service!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:05 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

What state(s) do you have concealed carry permit(s) in?
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry ... _maps.html

Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WA CPL will not work there, but you can OC there. Trust me in 7 years of OC no one has freaked out.
http://www.opencarry.org/maps/map-open- ... d-handgun/

Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Thank you for your military service!

:plusone:

:patriot:

Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:37 pm

Why the fuck is the cpl not like a drivers license? Anyways, thank you for your military services

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

here's a nice little write up on Wyoming http://handgunlaw.us/states/wyoming.pdf

<edit> If you have a Washington CPL you cannot legally conceal carry in Wyoming. </edit>

however you can Openly Carry. Places as listed in the “Places Off Limits” apply to those who open carry. Note that "No Gun" signs do carry the weight of law.

Anyone who can legally own a firearm can carry a loaded handgun
anywhere inside a vehicle as long as it is not concealed on your person and is visible. Wyoming law only
covers the concealed carry of a defensive firearm in a vehicle.

Wyoming Code 6-8-104. Wearing or Carrying Concealed Weapons; Penalties; Exceptions; Permits.
(t) No person authorized to carry a concealed weapon pursuant to paragraphs (a)(ii) through (iv) of this
section shall carry a concealed firearm into:
 (t)(i) Any facility used primarily for law enforcement operations or administration without the written
consent of the chief administrator.
 (t)(ii) Any detention facility, prison or jail.
 (t)(iii) Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section shall preclude a judge from carrying a
concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in the courtroom;
 (t)(iv) Any meeting of a government entity.
 (t)(v) Any meeting of the legislature or a committee thereof.
 (t)(vi) Any school, college or professional athletic event not related to firearms.
 (t)(vii) Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic liquor and malt beverages for
consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that
purpose.
 (t)(viii) Any place where persons are assembled for public worship, without the written consent of
the chief administrator of that place.
 (t)(ix) Any Elementary or Secondary School facility.
 (t)(x) Any College or University facility without the written consent of the security service of the
college or university.
 (t)(xi) Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law or state law or
regulation.
Wyoming Code 6-5-209. Taking Deadly Weapons Into Jails, Penal Institutions or Mental Hospitals;
Penalties.
4(a) Except as authorized by a person in charge, a person commits a felony punishable by imprisonment for
not more than ten (10) years, a fine of not more than ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00), or both, if that person
takes or passes a deadly weapon into a jail, a state penal institution, the Wyoming boys' school, Wyoming
girls' school, a correctional facility operated by a private entity pursuant to W.S. 7-22-102 or the state
hospital.
Wyoming Admin Code 006-041-006
(a) No dangerous weapon may be carried in the State Capitol building or in any buildings under the
Jurisdiction of the SBC. The Capitol Security Police are authorized to request that any persons
carrying a dangerous weapon in any State building relinquish the weapon. The weapon will be
returned to the person when he/she leaves the state building, unless the Capitol Security Police
determine that other law enforcement personnel should be involved. If a person carrying a dangerous
weapon refuses to relinquish the weapon he/she shall be denied access to the State Capitol building

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Get a Utah Concealed License and you'll be covered in WY

Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Personally, The Wyoming law in my opinion, is unconstitutional in that it permits concealed carry without any form of license by state residents, but forbids it for out-of-state residents. I think there's a pretty credible 14th amendment claim there.

The reality is though, Wyoming is mostly uninhabited and there is so few LEOs that you will never need to defend it anyway. I would carry concealed and not worry. However I am confident that if I were cited or arrested I could beat it court because the law seems illegal on it's face, but IANAL

Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also Oregon does not have any weird laws about nonresident carry, non-residents are permitted to carry a firearm subject to the same laws as cover Oregon residents. If you have an Oregon concealed carry license you may carry concealed, if you do not, you may carry openly in a belt or shoulder holster. However counties (only Multnomah has enacted this ordinance) and cities (numerous cities, mainly but not all in the Portland Metro area) are permitted to ban the Carrie of loaded firearms by local ordinance. If you were driving from Washington state to Wyoming, and driving on I 84 from the boundary with Washington on the Columbia river to the border with Idaho at Ontario carrying a loaded handgun openly, you probably can carry loaded the whole way

Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]