Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Traffic Stops while Armed. 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Selador wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
:thumbsup2:
Yeah more people giving their rights up. We are in a not required to inform state. Don't ask don't tell. :facepalm2:

What RIGHT did he give up?

The one he paid for?

If you tell someone about it, it's no longer 'concealed', even if they don't see it...

Concealed isn't a right, it's a "privilege".

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Selador wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
:thumbsup2:
Yeah more people giving their rights up. We are in a not required to inform state. Don't ask don't tell. :facepalm2:

What RIGHT did he give up?

The one he paid for?

If you tell someone about it, it's no longer 'concealed', even if they don't see it...

Concealed isn't a right, it's a "privilege".

One you paid for. Why give it up without being asked by the LEO?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:42 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Selador wrote:

Oh, i get it. I share your same principal. I am just confused by Chuck saying that he gave up his rights by offering the CPL, and asked for clarification of exactly what RIGHT was given up.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Maybe it's the right to remain silent? :bigsmile: :peep:

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Selador wrote:

Oh, i get it. I share your same principal. I am just confused by Chuck saying that he gave up his rights by offering the CPL, and asked for clarification of exactly what RIGHT was given up.

I do as well. I also would like to hear a clarification of what was on his mind when he said that.

Maybe I shouldn't have popped in with my example. But I guess that's the nature of a forum discussion. LOL

In my own example, I have paid for a CPL. I passed the background check, and was issued the CPL.

In my mind, that is now more a right than a privilege. I have the privilege of carrying a gun, concealed. And I have the right not to tell anyone that I am carrying. (Remain silent, as Dana suggests.) Even an LEO, unless asked. (And in some situations I could see volunteering the information, without being asked. Sometime common sense beats 'rights'...) Anybody else, its simply none of their business.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Quote:
The power of the state to tax with or without a vote is a non sequitur with regard to whether cops are or are not held to a higher standard than the public at large.

Perhaps a bit of clarification....

This is what I meant...a goodly amount of the people (fortunately, none on this board I know of) are willing to vote for the privilege and opportunity of either: a. Giving the state MORE and MORE money, and b. Giving up their rights willingly.

An example is this: How many times has the State slipped in another tax here, another tax there? Look to the local governments as well. How in the HECK was Seattle able to pass a "soda tax" without a vote of the PEOPLE? By vote of the City Council. Who was voted into office by the citizens who live there.

Take a look at the "bullet tax" as well.

These are the same people who are on one hand willing to accept the opening of "safe injection sites", and who wail at alleged instances of "police brutality", yet are the FIRST ones to yell for the cops if something happens.

Does that make sense?

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Powderman wrote:
Quote:
The power of the state to tax with or without a vote is a non sequitur with regard to whether cops are or are not held to a higher standard than the public at large.

Perhaps a bit of clarification....

This is what I meant...a goodly amount of the people (fortunately, none on this board I know of) are willing to vote for the privilege and opportunity of either: a. Giving the state MORE and MORE money, and b. Giving up their rights willingly.

An example is this: How many times has the State slipped in another tax here, another tax there? Look to the local governments as well. How in the HECK was Seattle able to pass a "soda tax" without a vote of the PEOPLE? By vote of the City Council. Who was voted into office by the citizens who live there.

Take a look at the "bullet tax" as well.

These are the same people who are on one hand willing to accept the opening of "safe injection sites", and who wail at alleged instances of "police brutality", yet are the FIRST ones to yell for the cops if something happens.

Does that make sense?

Makes total sense. And the endless adding and increasing of taxes pisses me off as much as the next guy.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wear my gun on my right side right by my wallet...if I reach for my wallet it could look like I'm reaching for my gun and I'm not going to take that chance....it only takes 1 " I thought he was reaching for a gun" incident and my family is left burying me all because I don't have to tell I'm carrying so I shouldn't...........I think I will just let them know up front and not take the chance.......Remember we would ALL like to go home at the end of the day. :thumbsup2:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

But that document is now dead. We have moved on and are now full of progressiveness...

- Reverend King —“The Purpose of Education” from Morehouse College student newspaper, The Maroon Tiger, 1947

Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8