Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:18 pm


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar





Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 CCW in NICU? 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Midwest
Joined: Thu Oct 2, 2014
Posts: 8050
I know we can't carry in children's hospitals, but what about NICU?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Massivedesign wrote:
I am thinking of a number somewhere between none of and your business.


Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:04 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Lawton, OK
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011
Posts: 12324
Real Name: Chuck
joao01 wrote:
I know we can't carry in children's hospitals, but what about NICU?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is it written you can't carry in kids hospital? RCW?

_________________
http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
"Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux


Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:36 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Midwest
Joined: Thu Oct 2, 2014
Posts: 8050
golddigger14s wrote:
joao01 wrote:
I know we can't carry in children's hospitals, but what about NICU?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is it written you can't carry in kids hospital? RCW?


I'm pretty sure. I can look in a couple days when I get to a PC, if no one else knows.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Massivedesign wrote:
I am thinking of a number somewhere between none of and your business.


Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:18 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Maple Valley, WA
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 7075
Real Name: Young
Again there are differences to LAWS (RCW) and what guidelines and rules of a hospital may be (exept mental hospitals and jails). :timeout:
The rules / outlines for a hospital are not LAW...

Your CPL is not restricted by a hospital or stadium for sporting events (music is another issue).
You buying a ticket or being on premise is an agreement to follow said rules... behaviors, etc

*Do know there are other laws (e.g. trespass, etc) that may come into play but those are not RCW Laws covering the legal carry of CPL carriers.


So no. In Washington State - Hospitals are not listed - for example like Federal/State Courthouses, Bars, etc as "restricted" places that are covered in the RCW.

Finally, on the other hand... by having a CPL does not mean once asked to leave... you can stay. And as the saying goes... "concealed is concealed" :thumbsup2:






For those like me.... :wavey:

CCW - Conceal Carry Weapon - does not apply to Washington State - WA CPL is strictly for pistol (hence CPL)... a ccw in other states covers all sorts of "weapons"
NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - refers to the department that cares for neonates (think really really small babies).


Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:29 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Federal Way
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013
Posts: 521
Real Name: Chad
Concealed is concealed......

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk


Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:50 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: S. Everett
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 1764
I know for a fact that in nicu, if you print or your carry weapon is seen, you will get in a ton of trouble if caught. they will do everything to include banning you from the hospital.


Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:56 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: orting
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011
Posts: 1522
I have carried in hospitals lots of times not against the law from what I know and what they don't know won't hurt them


Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:34 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: N Lynnwood
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011
Posts: 7485
Real Name: Al Zinck
If by 'a ton of trouble' you mean being asked to leave, sure.
More like an ounce of trouble.

Like the park ranger told my buddy "Unless you're waving your gun around pointing it at people, how would we know if you're carrying a gun in a federal building? Not like we have metal detectors."

Mr. Q wrote:
I know for a fact that in nicu, if you print or your carry weapon is seen, you will get in a ton of trouble if caught. they will do everything to include banning you from the hospital.

_________________
NRA Life Member


Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:06 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Redmond
Joined: Sun Apr 7, 2013
Posts: 2185
When our son was born, the nurse asked us for a list of our belongings costing over $100. Basically to document what we came in with to deter theft. I declared my Benchmade pocket knife because it was over the threshold. The nurse told me they were not allowed and that I needed to leave it in my car.

So, while there's no law saying as such, there are policies. If they ask you to leave, they are well within their right to do so because its private property. Decide what's more important to you...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:39 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: S. Everett
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 1764
Guntrader wrote:
If by 'a ton of trouble' you mean being asked to leave, sure.
More like an ounce of trouble.

Like the park ranger told my buddy "Unless you're waving your gun around pointing it at people, how would we know if you're carrying a gun in a federal building? Not like we have metal detectors."

Mr. Q wrote:
I know for a fact that in nicu, if you print or your carry weapon is seen, you will get in a ton of trouble if caught. they will do everything to include banning you from the hospital.


In the last hospital I worked in with a nicu, there were armed security posted. It's a pretty sensitive area, baby theft is a real thing. I guess "ton" is a bit dramatic, but I wouldn't want to do something that would get me banned from going to see my sick infant.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:10 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Marysville, WA
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011
Posts: 11218
Real Name: Mike
edogg wrote:
When our son was born, the nurse asked us for a list of our belongings costing over $100. Basically to document what we came in with to deter theft. I declared my Benchmade pocket knife because it was over the threshold. The nurse told me they were not allowed and that I needed to leave it in my car.

So, while there's no law saying as such, there are policies. If they ask you to leave, they are well within their right to do so because its private property. Decide what's more important to you...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



This last year I spent a ton of time in hospitals. When the nurses asked me questions like that I lied my ass off. I didn't give a crap about their "theft prevention" motives, I knew that nobody was going to steal the firearm I carried all the time.

As for "printing", if you do, your concealment practice needs some work or you need to carry a smaller firearm.

_________________
"I've learned from the Dog that an afternoon nap is a good thing"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare


Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:56 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Redmond
Joined: Sun Apr 7, 2013
Posts: 2185
deadshot2 wrote:
edogg wrote:
When our son was born, the nurse asked us for a list of our belongings costing over $100. Basically to document what we came in with to deter theft. I declared my Benchmade pocket knife because it was over the threshold. The nurse told me they were not allowed and that I needed to leave it in my car.

So, while there's no law saying as such, there are policies. If they ask you to leave, they are well within their right to do so because its private property. Decide what's more important to you...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



This last year I spent a ton of time in hospitals. When the nurses asked me questions like that I lied my ass off. I didn't give a crap about their "theft prevention" motives, I knew that nobody was going to steal the firearm I carried all the time.

As for "printing", if you do, your concealment practice needs some work or you need to carry a smaller firearm.


Had I known that would be the nurse's reaction, I wouldn't have said anything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:37 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Marysville, WA
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011
Posts: 11218
Real Name: Mike
edogg wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:
edogg wrote:
When our son was born, the nurse asked us for a list of our belongings costing over $100. Basically to document what we came in with to deter theft. I declared my Benchmade pocket knife because it was over the threshold. The nurse told me they were not allowed and that I needed to leave it in my car.

So, while there's no law saying as such, there are policies. If they ask you to leave, they are well within their right to do so because its private property. Decide what's more important to you...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



This last year I spent a ton of time in hospitals. When the nurses asked me questions like that I lied my ass off. I didn't give a crap about their "theft prevention" motives, I knew that nobody was going to steal the firearm I carried all the time.

As for "printing", if you do, your concealment practice needs some work or you need to carry a smaller firearm.


Had I known that would be the nurse's reaction, I wouldn't have said anything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


One nurse saw me taking my personal meds (a blood pressure pill, an arthritis med, and a statin) one morning (I stayed in the hospital with my wife every day and night she was in one) and demanded that I "turn over my meds so they could be kept in the safe". I told her "sorry I'm not your patient so go bother someone else". When she persisted I told her I'd be contacting hospital management and maybe she'd like to continue the conversation with a department head or patient services. Suddenly she had something else to do.

_________________
"I've learned from the Dog that an afternoon nap is a good thing"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare


Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:32 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Redmond
Joined: Sun Apr 7, 2013
Posts: 2185
Wow that's ridiculous. Glad she relented when you held your ground but that's stupid you had to have the conversation in the first place.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:47 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Midwest
Joined: Thu Oct 2, 2014
Posts: 8050
Fascinating, but does anyone know what state law says?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Massivedesign wrote:
I am thinking of a number somewhere between none of and your business.


Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:40 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.781s | 14 Queries | GZIP : On ]