Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Re: CCW in NICU?

Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:07 pm

I, too, have been known to carry into a hospital room. Concealed is concealed is concealed (thanks, GG---good catch phrase).

Once upon a time we had another phrase for this: Don't ask, don't tell.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Not listed in RCW 9.41.300

Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:29 am

I work at a hospital and it is hospital policy that guns are not allowed. It is not illegal but they will ask you to leave and may ban you. It would be an issue if it were a mental hospital as listed in the RCW.

RCW 9.41.300

"(c) The restricted access areas of a public mental health facility certified by the department of social and health services for inpatient hospital care and state institutions for the care of the mentally ill, excluding those facilities solely for evaluation and treatment. Restricted access areas do not include common areas of egress and ingress open to the general public;"

Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:56 am

Concealed is concealed until.....

Wife works in Labor and Delivery. The hospital has a no firearms sign posted at the main entry but the sign was not posted where everyone could see (really low and out of plain sight). So I carried all the time when dropping off meals or coffee. One day they installed a walkthrough metal detector and posted a guard, required an ID check, and temporary visitor photo badge. Well that was the end of my concealed carry there.
Post a reply