Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Knife Laws in Washington 

Yeah, "furtively" is the question. To avoid being "furtive" do I need to take extra steps to make sure the knife is visible? Or is it good enough not to intentionally conceal it, and how would I prove that lack of intent?

I find the most comfortable way to carry the knife is to attach it horizontally to my belt in the front. That way it's not interfering with my strong side hip where I sometimes have a holster, and also with the knife horizontal I don't need to adjust it when sitting.

But with it horizontal even an untucked t-shirt conceals it.

If I put it vertical it is more visible, but it can't be appendix since the knife handle would jam into my stomach if I sit. So it's got to go all the way to my weak side hip, cross draw style, like a sword in the movies.

Which means when drawing the knife there's a risk of slashing my weak side arm if I'm not careful, the blade will sweep an outstretched arm and come out with the cutting edge facing the underside of my outstretched arm.

And as I use it as a utility knife several times a day I'm often drawing while my weak side is holding whatever I plan on cutting open. One day I'm gonna slash myself if I cross draw from weak side hip like that while clutching the box I intend to cut open.

So I really would like to carry it horizontal on my appendix where it's more comfortable when sitting and where drawing pulls it away from my weak side with the cutting edge facing down.

But that seems to be illegal, at least if my t-shirt is untucked (99% of the time") or I have a sweater or coat hanging lower than my belt

Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6