Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Truck gun-done suuuhweet.

Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:08 am

I’m driving local freight around these days. Zombie’s aside, I frequently stare out at endless miles of forest and desert scrub and think...”gee, my compact 9 doesn’t seem like much protection if shit went seriously sideways in a terrorist attack/natural disaster/Romero sorta way.

I started packing my carbine broken down in a drag bag, but the first time I got stuck overnight in the cab with that very large and stiff bag that wouldn’t even fit down on the floorboard, I was quite suddenly convinced that smaller was gonna be a necessity.

I should also mention that it wasn’t something I could bring with me into a shipping office. That’s cause for concern, because day cab trucks don’t exactly have the best of locks to begin with. I considered it a bit irrisponsible to leave a rifle in the vehicle, even if it was buried under a bunch of shit. After all, it’s still in a bag that could be quickly taken.

I’ve finished my AR pistol build out with a 7.5 barrel and a kak brace that I’m quite fond of already.
I’ve still got it separated for transport, but I can fit the whole shebang, and 3 mags into a ”toolpak”(backpack type) which doesn’t scream tactical. It’s tough as nails, and I already had it in the closet from back in the day when I was slinging it around boats. Not out of place carrying along with me at all.

A couple of casual practice runs have timed at less than 30 second deployment, which makes me very pleased also.

Eventually I see me replacing this with 300 bo in a 10.5” version, but I got a steal of a deal on the upper. And already had an 80% lower and pistol kit banging around the garage.

Re: Truck gun-done suuuhweet.

Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:50 am

I find your lack of pics disturbing.

Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:07 am

MadPick wrote:I find your lack of pics disturbing.

You obviously never read Playboy for the articles :bigsmile:

Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:07 pm

This little cheap ass “advanced optics” green dot sight is the shiznet. I dunno if they’re all made this well, but for $50, this thing has taken a beating. So far it’s 500+ rnds of .308, and 500+ rnds of 5.56 without ever losing zero. When I put it on the pistol it took me 6 shots to get it zero’d at 50 yards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:13 pm

You have redeemed yourself masterfully. thumbsup

Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Check out Pantheon:
https://pantheonarms.com/

Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:49 pm

I fucked with a 7.5” AR with the idea of mobile/home weapon until I realized this is a really bad idea for hearing and sight.

Think of the space you took with that setup and imagine how many mags you could have.... fucking spread everywhere.

Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:54 pm

Nice. I like it.

You need the Black Hammer to hit that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:16 pm

I think 7.5" 300 BLK would be pretty sweet!
For a tiny AR I went 9mm and a 4.5” barrel. Folds up pretty well.
ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:23 am

Fungunnin wrote:I think 7.5" 300 BLK would be pretty sweet!
For a tiny AR I went 9mm and a 4.5” barrel. Folds up pretty well.
ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sans brace, it looks just like an mp5K!

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:40 pm

I like the mini roni.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:38 am

New addition. I can fire this thing with the blade set all the way onto the tube, but it isn’t real comfortable. A buddy brought to my attention that the 2.0 version is adjustable, but this being a budget build....here’s my $4 solution. Ace hardware. It’s a hell of a lot faster than the original set screw, and lines up well with the blade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post a reply