Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Another Costco post

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:48 am

I was in Yakima Costco yesterday OC and got stopped at the door a was told I can’t bring my firearm into the store. I made sure the guy understood it’s not illegal. He knew and told me that it was in the fine print on the membership paperwork. Fortunately my wife was also carrying but she was CC. So we still had a gun with us. I find this very strange because a few months back I was OC in the Tukwila one and no one said a word.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Another Costco post

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:50 am

Yup, it's store policy. Like most rules/laws, it's not always enforced.

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:58 am

I conceal 99% of the time, unless I want to entertain libtards.

Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:13 am

Costco’s stance is well known. I conceal carry. Fuck costco

Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:20 pm

#OCproblems...

Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:57 pm

Yeah it’s too bad Sam’s is done that’s where we used to go. Guess I just CC there or only go to Tukwila.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:28 pm

"a few months back I was OC in the Tukwila one and no one said a word."
That's because most people have the situational awareness of Stevie Wonder.

:beatdeadhorse5: :beatdeadhorse5:

Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:53 pm

I am curious why people decide to open carry, other than that they can. I only every cc, mostly because I don't want anyone to know that I am carrying. I'm self conscious enough when concealed...I already feel like there's a huge growth sticking out of my side. lol.

J

Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 pm

Possible reasons: Comfort. Laziness. You just got new grips for your 1911 and you want to show them off.

I've used some of those reasons myself when deciding between OC and CC.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:05 pm

I've never had a problem with OC at the business Costco in Lynnwood, but I've been going there for 20 years.

The Costco no firearm deal was originally part of the employee handbook, and they had no official firearm policy for members
I believe people kept calling up the stores and asking about their firearm policy or doing OC protests so they finally enacted one.

The "Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers." was only put in the member agreement recently.

Like fucking horses in Enumclaw. Some jackwagon required a law to be made where common sense should have been enough.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:28 pm

jman308 wrote:I am curious why people decide to open carry, other than that they can. I only every cc, mostly because I don't want anyone to know that I am carrying. I'm self conscious enough when concealed...I already feel like there's a huge growth sticking out of my side. lol.

J

Its NONE of anyones fucking business that I have a firearm on me.

#OCproblems....

Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:45 pm

Guntrader wrote:
Like fucking horses in Enumclaw. Some jackwagon required a law to be made where common sense should have been enough.

Actually, it was the horse that was doing the fucking. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:40 pm

No one is right, or wrong. How you carry is a personal preference. Just be open minded, and be open to other ideas (not just this subject). Here is a good essay that is far more eloquent than I. It's kind of long, but a good read.
Thread #38:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showt ... y-OC/page2

"The "Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers." was only put in the member agreement recently."
Actually no, it's been a policy before I even owned a gun (about 2010). It's been a dead horse over on the OC forum for years. The policy used to be buried farther in their agreement it was almost impossible to find.

https://www.costco.com/member-privilege ... tions.html

The list of forums talking about it when you google it goes back at least 8 years.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:06 pm

golddigger14s wrote:Actually no, it's been a policy before I even owned a gun (about 2010).

Boy... I got underwear older than your guns! :ROFLMAO:

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Selador wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:Actually no, it's been a policy before I even owned a gun (about 2010).

Boy... I got underwear older than your guns! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, but now it's just a belly-band, with a few grey-ish pieces hanging down....
Post a reply