Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Thoughts on 2nd firearm

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:12 am

So for years I carried 2 firearms.

Went through phases of BUG (Back up Gun) in smaller platform.

Ideally one would consider same caliber and possible magazine utilization by one or both.

So for those that carry 2 firearms...
is your setup the same caliber and/or can it use the same or similar magazine.

What I mean by same magazine - would be like carrying a Glock 17 or 19 and then a Glock 26. The 26 can use the G17 or 19 mag.

If you don’t carry two... then start your own thread.

Re: Thoughts on 2nd firearm

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:03 am

Carrying the same caliber... you might as well carry the guns that utilize the same magazines since I don't figure many would carry just boxes of ammo in one's pockets for self defense.

But my choice leaves me carrying two different calibers as the BUG was selected with ease of carry/concealment in mind.

1 Auto/1 revo.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:36 pm

I carry a glock 30s and my backup is a 9mm shield. I have thought about switching to the 45acp shield, but I got a second 9mm shield at significant discount, so I just use it as the backup. I don’t mind the difference in caliber because of the backup mag I have. I don’t, however, carry the backup on my person. It’s usually concealed in or around me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:08 pm

I like a 6 or 7 shot .357 on the hip & a 5 shot .357 in a pocket. Can reload either one from speedstrips & feel fairly confident in their ability to take care of business.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Mr. Q wrote:It’s usually concealed in .. me.

Post a reply