Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Applying for new CPL as green card holder

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:24 pm

Yesterday 11/5/2018 got appointment for 1/10/2019. Snohomish south precint. So, clearly there is a bunch of people in queue. Any statistic showing decline must be influenced by how many people they attend per day.

This story to be continued... in Jan 2019...
Last edited by jorgeu on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Applying for new CPL as green card holder

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:36 pm

Geez, with the format you used for the first date, I thought your appointment wasn't until October 2019. I'm glad it's a lot sooner than that!

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:48 pm

Maybe go to the Courthouse directly and get the application done sooner?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:33 pm

mislabeled wrote:Geez, with the format you used for the first date, I thought your appointment wasn't until October 2019. I'm glad it's a lot sooner than that!

Trying to follow the non-sense american month/day/year format. I hate it but it seems to be what people around here understands.

EDIT: ups right, I saw it like 5 times until I realized I used the common sense format day/month/year everybody else uses. EDITED
Last edited by jorgeu on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:34 pm

usrifle wrote:Maybe go to the Courthouse directly and get the application done sooner?

I didn't understand that option when read the instructions.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:44 pm

You guys have to make an appointment up north??

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:55 pm

golddigger14s wrote:You guys have to make an appointment up north??

Like usrifle said there is an option to go Courthouse walk in. I screw it up because didn't understand it.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:37 pm

I was outside city limits when I lived in Lynnwood. Snohomish county sheriff's office handled my cpl. I wonder if you can cancel the appointment and just do a walk in at the sheriff's office?

Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Sinus211 wrote:I was outside city limits when I lived in Lynnwood. Snohomish county sheriff's office handled my cpl. I wonder if you can cancel the appointment and just do a walk in at the sheriff's office?

The appointment is to the county sheriff's office. The walk in alternative seems to be courthouse.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:44 pm

The sheriff's office is the one at the courthouse, which DOES accept walk-ins. All of the other locations are precincts, which require an appointment.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:30 pm

UPDATE: just went to the appointment. The place was empty, they asked for the form application, the money and license/green card. Like 5 minutes later someone walked me in and took fingerprints using a machine that I assume stores digitally the prints. They told me it might take up to 30 days and that was it. Not a single question asked and the customer service was better than most private companies.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:57 pm

Count on it being the full 30 days...

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:10 pm

jorgeu wrote:UPDATE: just went to the appointment. The place was empty, they asked for the form application, the money and license/green card. Like 5 minutes later someone walked me in and took fingerprints using a machine that I assume stores digitally the prints. They told me it might take up to 30 days and that was it. Not a single question asked and the customer service was better than most private companies.

Whelp...that's a lot easier than buying a house with a green card. :thumbsup2:

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:28 pm

WUAD wrote:
jorgeu wrote:UPDATE: just went to the appointment. The place was empty, they asked for the form application, the money and license/green card. Like 5 minutes later someone walked me in and took fingerprints using a machine that I assume stores digitally the prints. They told me it might take up to 30 days and that was it. Not a single question asked and the customer service was better than most private companies.

Whelp...that's a lot easier than buying a house with a green card. :thumbsup2:

I also did that. Just one more paper to present. Had no issues at all.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:22 pm

Outstanding! Really glad to hear you're on your way to having a cpl! Congratulations!
Post a reply