Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 OPEN CARRY 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
My Matching Belt, Holster and mag Pouch from Horizon Country Leather is so good Looking, i should open carry that Rig more often.
https://www.horizoncountryleather.com/
I was Rocking it today with my Dan Wesson LW Commander in .38 Super. It brought my good Looks up like 3 points on the 10 scale.
:bigsmile:

There is the solution! Open carry when you have a pretty gun in pretty leather!

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
usrifle wrote:
My Matching Belt, Holster and mag Pouch from Horizon Country Leather is so good Looking, i should open carry that Rig more often.
I was Rocking it today with my Dan Wesson LW Commander in .38 Super. It brought my good Looks up like 3 points on the 10 scale.

Right? Non threatening when it's "Pretty" and matching.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've OC'd in Seattle.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I strapped on the Pretty Leather and OC'd my DW Guardian tonight. After i dropped my Son off i went to Rite Aid and the Cigar store and nobody said shit. Probably because it makes me so pretty. :prettyeyes:

Well, except the ex-wife when i dropped my son off. She asked why i was carrying a Hand Gun....I said, "I'm almost always carrying, you just don't see it"

She's Cool with Guns, so no problem there.

Her Gay friend was there, his comment was "he would run from trouble" I said sometimes you can't. He says, "Then i turn to Jelly"

:facepalm2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
usrifle wrote:

That's what we need. Chic, stylish, works of art. Holsters and hand grips that match earrings, or shoes. Celebrities are now open carrying as a fashion accessory. Twitter followers follow suit cause their heads are empty. Bam! Open carry and guns are in business. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wish I had the cajones like you gentleman to open carry. I know this is an open carry state, but it also very anti gun. I'm always worried I'm going to cause some crazy uproar with the mad mothers at my local Walmart.. Or Safeway, they're a little more uptight at Safeway lol.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:09 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EmbraceTheEdge wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
usrifle wrote:

That's what we need. Chic, stylish, works of art. Holsters and hand grips that match earrings, or shoes. Celebrities are now open carrying as a fashion accessory. Twitter followers follow suit cause their heads are empty. Bam! Open carry and guns are in business. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Now that's common sense! :bow: :wagwoot:

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:11 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In 8+ years of OCing in WA no one has every freaked out. Mostly thank you comments.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Payday88 wrote:
I wish I had the cajones like you gentleman to open carry. I know this is an open carry state, but it also very anti gun. I'm always worried I'm going to cause some crazy uproar with the mad mothers at my local Walmart.. Or Safeway, they're a little more uptight at Safeway lol.

Relax. The first few times can be a bit nerve wracking. You may be extremely nervous, self-conscious, hyper-sensative... Maybe best to start out in places that you know are friendly, or with others who are used to carrying openly.

Some of us that were on Opencarry.org tried to start a regular meet-n-greets to spread the word and "welcome newbies". One of those, started by golddigger14s, morphed into the Waguns SouthSound Breakfast. That breakfast has started to move around a bit, but it's always in a place that allows open carry, so you'd have company if you catch one of those...

ETA: I guess my style of carry is "conditional". Cooler weather, my jacket might cover but I don't make an effort to conceal. Wet weather I cover, cause I don't want to have to clean and dry without even firing. Once it's warm out, I'm open. However, there are some places I just don't go, or if I do go I conceal - like downtown Tacompton... "get off the "X"".

Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:16 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

O_Kellogg wrote:
The first few times can be a bit nerve wracking. You may be extremely nervous, self-conscious, hyper-sensative...

Sounds a lot like when you start to conceal carry. :thumbsup2:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you like, you can also look at Friend or Foe. They have maps with user reviews of various businesses regarding carry. As always, YMMV. (reminds me, I need to post a bunch of updates there...)

They show the Safeway at 1624 72nd St E, Tacoma as friendly, but that's from 2013...

Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
O_Kellogg wrote:
The first few times can be a bit nerve wracking. You may be extremely nervous, self-conscious, hyper-sensative...

Sounds a lot like when you start to conceal carry. :thumbsup2:

Yeah, but it's even worse than "printing" - it's OUT IN THE OPEN! :runforthehills:

:wink05:

Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've seen people carry at Walmart in spanaway several times over the years.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks guys! My wife and I are going to be brave and OC this Sunday. And maybe make it a weekly routine. See you guys out there!

Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:44 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I generally open carry atleast once a week and go about my business as usual no matter where the day take me.
I have open carried at the three walmarts by our place, safeways, haggens, riteaid, lowes, co/op, tractor supply, costal tractor, conway feed, 7/11, pilot truck stop, donna's truck stop, a bunch of resturaunts, arlington hardware, several banks, a bunch of places. Never one negitive comment. I gennerally open carry a 357 magnum revolver, i always have my everyday carry gun in my right front pants pocket besides my open carry gun just in case some thing unforeseen might happen

When people start carrying concealed they are just as nervous. They think everyone can see them print. They are constantly checking to see if their shirt, sweater or jacket is covering their handgun. It is a natural reaction just lile when you start to oen carry.

Just put your handgun on and go about things as usual, no big deal. Look

Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next