Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 C&R license and 594, 1639 and other WA laws? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I tried searching but did not find a relevant thread, although it was hard to search for the C&R with the forum software rejecting the acronym search and spelling out curios did not help.

In WA if you have a C&R license can you have curios and relics as defined by federal law shipped to you without filing anything with the state or involving an FFL on the receiving end? An complications for pistols, rifles, or other specific firearms? Sorry if this is answered elsewhere. I was just wondering if 594, 1639 or other background check law changes in WA impacted C&R license privileges.

Thanks.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:16 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here's my sticky thread on C&R: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=859

To specifically answer your question, see RCW 9.41.113: https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.113

Here's a snippet:

(2) No person shall sell or transfer a firearm unless:
(i) A sale or transfer when the purchaser or transferee is a licensed collector and the firearm being sold or transferred is a curio or relic.

My interpretation: If you have a C&R license, it's just like the good old days when buying C&R firearms.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No impact from 1639 for semi autos?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:40 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alpine wrote:

Nope.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Nope.
Arguably if the seller is a dealer they have to comply with the requirements of 1639 when transferring to anyone, including other FFLs (which would include a C&R license holder).

Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:59 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

scrid2000 wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Nope.
Arguably if the seller is a dealer they have to comply with the requirements of 1639 when transferring to anyone, including other FFLs (which would include a C&R license holder).

Yes, generally any dealer will not transfer anything to you with your C&R license.

My responses above assume that you're buying from a private party or an out-of-state dealer.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
scrid2000 wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Nope.

Yes, generally any dealer will not transfer anything to you with your C&R license.

My responses above assume that you're buying from a private party or an out-of-state dealer.
Fair :)

Its not like any part of either initiative seems to be actively enforced, and an as-written requirement that all transfers between FFLs be subject to a 10 day waiting period is simply absurd.

Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]