Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Firearms pickup 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't find anything in the ATF regulations. If a background check goes proceed customer is not required to take firearm on set day correct? He has up to 30 days if he wants to pick up the firearm?

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a disappointment, I wanted to see some trucks with firearms...

The NICS check is good for 30 days.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/what-period-time-nics-check-valid

Quote:
A NICS check is valid for 30 calendar days for any transaction. The 30 calendar day period is counted beginning on the day after NICS was initially contacted. Where more than 30 calendar days have passed since the licensee first contacted NICS, the licensee must initiate a new NICS check prior to transferring the firearm. It is not necessary to complete a new ATF Form 4473, but the results of the new NICS background check must be recorded on the form.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you get a proceed, you need to take the gun with you. If you get a delay, and say get a proceed 10 days later. You then have 20 days to pick it up.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
If you get a proceed, you need to take the gun with you. If you get a delay, and say get a proceed 10 days later. You then have 20 days to pick it up.

That’s not my understanding. I’ve asked a few places before because I always get delayed so I just swing through in my work truck knowing I’ll get delayed but I have asked if I get a proceed I’ll need to leave it and they say that’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MyNameIs940 wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

That’s not my understanding. I’ve asked a few places before because I always get delayed so I just swing through in my work truck knowing I’ll get delayed but I have asked if I get a proceed I’ll need to leave it and they say that’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know of many places that will do that. YMMV.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know some places

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:08 am

The background check is good for 30 calender days from when it's submitted. I've never seen anything that says the customer must take the gun right away. It's even allowable, but not suggested, that a dealer can have the customer complete the 4473 and submit the background check for a lay-a-way. Nobody does it because the time you do, the person will back out and now you have to deal with getting a form canceled.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
What a disappointment, I wanted to see some trucks with firearms...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dhurka-Dhurka

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This pick up truck in Rainier Beach stopped and the guy asked me for a light..... :bonghit:

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

pour one out for Ops

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Divided we fall.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
pour one out for Ops

ROFLOL :ROFLMAO:
That was funny!!!

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]