Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:15 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 July 01, 2019.... Is it the end of the world? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

gooface wrote:
I plan on getting a pistol after this law goes into effect, I have an Active CPL. Will my experience be any different after July 1st?

I also plan on grabbing some lowers (AR-10 and AR-15) and a M&P 15-22 this month so I dont have to deal with the crap.

Also what stops someone from driving to Idaho to avoid this whole thing with rifles?

Your WA ID

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:19 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

FB Post from Talos Tactical;
Quote:
I1639 is just a few weeks away, and the state finally released their new Firearm Transfer Application. To say we're frustrated is an understatement.

It demonstrates a clear lack of leadership from the FBI, WA AG's office, and/or the WA DOL. They are clearly not communicating. The form from the DOL doesn't allow us to do the things the AG and FBI say we need to do. Further, we have been supplying local law enforcement with what little info we're getting because the state hasn't deemed it necessary to keep them updated as to their role in this mess.

What do we have for info? The FBI says we can no longer do instant checks on semi-automatic rifles, handguns, and frames/receivers. They need to be submitted to local law enforcement. The state says we need to fill out their transfer form and physically mail it to the law enforcement agency. The agency is supposed to do the background check, and then physically mail it back. It cannot be done in less than 30 days (per an official release by King County). At 30 days, the paperwork expires. So either nobody will get their guns, or everybody will and we won't find out until later whether they legally should have. Again, there's no guidance from the state on this.

This all assumes that we could properly submit the form for a background check in the first place. We can't. The FBI says we can't use their system for a check on a receiver. The state form doesn't have a section for a receiver. We are three weeks out, and nobody has a mechanism in place for us to run a background check on a receiver. Do we not sell them? Are they no longer subject to a background check? Somebody needs to own this, but nobody currently is.

While I'm griping about the forms, let's dig into that a bit deeper. There's a box the purchaser must check on the state form, acknowledging that it's a forfeiture of HIPPA privacy. Handguns are just supposed to be for that instant. Semi-automatic rifles would be permanent. But there's only one box to check. So is it one, the other, both, or neither? Nobody knows. The form to request information is even more odd. The DOL says their website and database won't be ready for a year, and there's no funding or labor at all for it right now. Yet, this form is supposed to be processed by these imaginary employees using a website that doesn't exist, so you can see what guns the state thinks you own. Right.

Oh, and don't forget these classes you're supposed to take before buying a semi-automatic rifle. What classes count? No idea. Who can teach them? No idea. What test do you take and what forms do you fill out? No idea. What website do we check to make sure you did what you're supposed to do? It's the one the DOL says won't be done for a year. **Edit: One of our followers pointed me to some new language the state has for this. Apparently the state has given up on monitoring and regulating this. There will be no database. They do have restrictions on who can teach the class and what material must be included, but there are standards or tests and will be no way for me to verify if a certificate is real or fake. Thanks Washington.**

The most frustrating part is that this is not even an attempt at curbing crime. Not one dollar or one minute of time is directed towards crime or criminals. This will destroy a background check system that works pretty darn well. The voters who pushed this through have wrecked a functional background check system, and virtually guaranteed that more bad guys will get guns. July 1 is going to be an ugly day in Washington.

https://i.imgur.com/9WF0NyI.jpg

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

I like that last one about "waiving confidentiality" . . . it sure makes it pretty clear what's happening here.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:42 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Yep, this looks like a lawsuit is an absolute requirement regarding the waiving confidentiality.
I will never sign that form, so this changes my plans quite a lot.
Fuck these anti-Constitutional power-hungry fear-mongering pandering buttholes.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's gonna stop a nutcase or a criminal?

Just more abuse of gun owners.............frack.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:47 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

.... what happens if you check "No"? I'll test that one out.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

Was wondering the same.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Was wondering the same.

I'll be checking "NO".

Update to come afterward.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

You read my mind.

My guess is a denial...

and a lawsuit..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:32 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

You read my mind.

My guess is a denial...

and a lawsuit..

:plusone: I'm ready to join in this one. I don't recall the Founding Fathers saying that Rights can be traded away for other rights.
I will never agree to a waiver of my Rights to keep another Right.
I can't imagine this passing a judicial challenge... Even though even more horrid tyrannies have. Hmm.

It's almost like the Natural Right to Keep and Bear Arms has a purpose!

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think it's going to require an attempt to buy a gun, honest answers to questions on forms, and a refusal to comply or a denial on the state form to release information or take a course. Then a denial by the state to exercise a federal right. And then long expensive drawn out lawsuits over the unreasonable denials and delays.

Just be very careful you're not attempting to break any laws or risk arrest. That's the tricky part to navigate.

In the end, I think we gun owners will prevail. It will take years and hundreds of thousands of dollars...

Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
gooface wrote:
I plan on getting a pistol after this law goes into effect, I have an Active CPL. Will my experience be any different after July 1st?

I also plan on grabbing some lowers (AR-10 and AR-15) and a M&P 15-22 this month so I dont have to deal with the crap.

Also what stops someone from driving to Idaho to avoid this whole thing with rifles?

Your WA ID

He said rifles. ID can buy here, and WA can buy in ID when it comes to rifles.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
gooface wrote:

Your WA ID

He said rifles. ID can buy here, and WA can buy in ID when it comes to rifles.

And Free Men can buy anywhere they please.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here’s how my crystal ball says this is gonna play out:

You go in there to buy a Ruger 10/22. You fill out the paperwork, check “no” to the offensive bits, and write a $25 check to the DOL. Then you go home and begin your waiting period.

The dealer mails off this form and counts down until 10 days pass.

You come back on the 11th day and your dealer shrugs because they never received an answer from the CLEO or sheriff. They hand you your rifle and you take it home to put in your safe.

Three months later, once the paperwork has actually been processed and they see your “no”, they’ll send a denial to the dealer. The dealer tells them you already have the gun. An argument ensues about who’s responsible for getting the gun back because you’re now denied.

You might get a call from the dealer asking for the, now well used, rifle back. Or Officer Friendly will knock at your door to ask for the rifle back.

Then what? Refuse to comply with the SWAT team that gets called because you told Officer Friendly to pound sand? Turn the rifle over then file a lawsuit that you’ll lose because this is the BS law that was voted in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
Here’s how my crystal ball says this is gonna play out:

You go in there to buy a Ruger 10/22. You fill out the paperwork, check “no” to the offensive bits, and write a $25 check to the DOL. Then you go home and begin your waiting period.

The dealer mails off this form and counts down until 10 days pass.

You come back on the 11th day and your dealer shrugs because they never received an answer from the CLEO or sheriff. They hand you your rifle and you take it home to put in your safe.

Three months later, once the paperwork has actually been processed and they see your “no”, they’ll send a denial to the dealer. The dealer tells them you already have the gun. An argument ensues about who’s responsible for getting the gun back because you’re now denied.

You might get a call from the dealer asking for the, now well used, rifle back. Or Officer Friendly will knock at your door to ask for the rifle back.

Then what? Refuse to comply with the SWAT team that gets called because you told Officer Friendly to pound sand? Turn the rifle over then file a lawsuit that you’ll lose because this is the BS law that was voted in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fail - you forgot about the "code" of gun owners with bad boating accidents... :wink05:

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next