Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:46 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 July 01, 2019.... Is it the end of the world? 

I plan to continue buying firearms. Will just take a bit longer now I suppose.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gun dealers need to help us too. If there are legal ways to avoid the extra BS, then they should do it.

If it means things like making AR15s technically bolt actions, selling lowers and uppers separately etc. They should do everything they can to ensure the process is as stream lined as possible.

Sporting Systems in Vancouver, WA afaik will be offering online and free i1639 compliant training as an awesome example.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Take your 12 year old to the res and see if they will sell him cigs.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PinSniper wrote:
Sporting Systems in Vancouver, WA afaik will be offering online and free i1639 compliant training as an awesome example.

How do they plan to handle the requirement that the certificate must be signed by the trainer under penalty of perjury?

Last edited by quantsuff on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Take your 12 year old to the res and see if they will sell him cigs.

Federal law permits tobacco sales only to persons 18 and older, so the res has to comply. Federal law doesn't permit semi-automatic rifle sales only to persons 21 and older, only the state will, so it's actually a good question on whether or not a gun shop on a reservation would need to comply with a state law.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will continue to buy guns and gun stuff largely undeterred by the bullshit. I've got plenty of semi-autos, and a fair number of AR lowers already. Might pick up another .308 lower just in case, but that's going to get expensive again...All my currently planned purchases are handguns for the time being anyway. Not enough room in the safe for all my long guns as it is, so I've started stashing them around the house. As others have said, if we stop buying, the only winners are the other side. The more guns we can get into the hands of good, honest citizens, the better off we will be, and the more we can stick a finger up to those trying to deter ownership.

zombie66 wrote:

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From what I've been seeing, it's effectively gonna turn a purchase into a 30 day waiting period.. EDIT : Also from what I've been hearing, some agencies are saying there is no way to meet the 30 day deadline
.. and your NICS check is only good for 30 days... so they get a go ahead to sell, 35 days later, but since the NICS check is expired, they're back to square one and have to rerun ALL the checks..as if it were a new purchase...

Not to mention the HIPAA violations, and the fact that you can't force someone to sign away a right to exercise another right (lifetime 'consent to search' medical records)

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Last edited by TechnoWeenie on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
From what I've been seeing, it's effectively gonna turn a purchase into a 30 day waiting period..

Not to mention the HIPAA violations, and the fact that you can't force someone to sign away a right to exercise another right (lifetime 'consent to search' medical records)

That was one of my first thoughts reading the bill last year, and I'm really surprised the GOA didn't include that in their lawsuit, unless they did and it never made the headlines. Seems a clear violation of HIPAA to me, and the left is so up in arms about healthcare, this oughta be a good club with which to hit them, what with medical privacy and all that. Medical information can only be shared with people who need to know it to perform care or render services, and only at a time when that information is needed. When used in training, personal information must be removed if it is not a matter of public record. At least, that's my functional understanding of HIPAA.

zombie66 wrote:

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:52 pm

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
What if we worked with the Indian Nations to set up gun shops on their land? They would not be in the jurisdiction of the State law and free from any state regulations

To put it lightly, not happening.

Especially the Tribes operating Gaming facilities under compact with the State of WA.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:28 am

surevaliance wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:
What if we worked with the Indian Nations to set up gun shops on their land? They would not be in the jurisdiction of the State law and free from any state regulations

As soon as you leave an Indian tribe's jurisdiction, you are a subject to shitty WA laws again.

Actually, if you (for example) are within the boundaries of the Puyallup Indian Reservation, we are fully cross-commissioned and certified as general authority Washington State Peace Officers. The RCW and WAC apply.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quantsuff wrote:
PinSniper wrote:

How do they plan to handle the requirement that the certificate must be signed by the trainer under penalty of perjury?

Plenty of training is offered online and digital signatures are normal / respected by courts.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PinSniper wrote:
quantsuff wrote:
PinSniper wrote:

Plenty of training is offered online and digital signatures are normal / respected by courts.

I keep seeing this written but w/o any evidence to back it up.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PinSniper wrote:
quantsuff wrote:
PinSniper wrote:

I believe that this requirement is new, however, so previous examples may not apply in this case.
"The proof of training shall be in the form of a certification that states under the penalty of perjury the training included the minimum requirements..."

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quantsuff wrote:
PinSniper wrote:
quantsuff wrote:
PinSniper wrote:

I believe that this requirement is new, however, so previous examples may not apply in this case.
"The proof of training shall be in the form of a certification that states under the penalty of perjury the training included the minimum requirements..."

I don't see the issue. Sporting Systems are doing a lot right now to support our rights. Come hell or high water, we'll get our guns.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:23 am

I plan on getting a pistol after this law goes into effect, I have an Active CPL. Will my experience be any different after July 1st?

I also plan on grabbing some lowers (AR-10 and AR-15) and a M&P 15-22 this month so I dont have to deal with the crap.

Also what stops someone from driving to Idaho to avoid this whole thing with rifles?

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next