Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 July 01, 2019.... Is it the end of the world? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That "Code" doesn't work when they come back with a Warrant to search and seize....and they likely wouldn't stop at just the one Firearm in question either.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The simplest solution: buy all your stuff now...got 3 weeks left so better hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
The simplest solution: buy all your stuff now...got 3 weeks left so better hurry.

Right? I will never agree to the HIPPA waiver on principal alone.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:

I ain't buying the hype....fruitloopyhole can piss off

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
edogg wrote:

What hype? The law is coming and them’s the new rules. Want to buy a new rifle after 7/1? Jump thru those hoops and let “them” into your medical records.

Sure, you might be able to find the occasional used rifle that someone is willing to part with under the table. But that certainly won’t be the norm.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
edogg wrote:

+1000 Chris.

How many of you currently fill out the portion of the 4473 that asks for your SSN? I have never ever filled in that portion and never experienced any backlash.

This 1639 is some F****D up BS but I'm not going to start taking out credit cards and taking on debt to buy guns for the sole purpose of beating the July 1st deadline. Henny Penny can be damned with her falling sky.

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use my SSN because its my identity. Some jackhole in Oly has my name as well, but he also has a host of criminal charges for domestic abuse and drugs. Using my government issued individual identification number just saves me a headache. Its not like they cant put 2 and 2 together eventually anyways, if they want to know what i own. I mean, be honest, who is going to buy a gun under the table and noever, ever, buy a single accessory or ammo for it online or with a credit card at some point. "Gee, this guy loves AR accessories, but never bought any ARs..." eventually they will know if they care bad enough.

My take is these boxes are stating, "do you understand..." not, "do you agree to..." so your understanding is not really important to the fact that they're doing it anyways. At least thats what i read from my phone's tiny screen...

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
My take is these boxes are stating, "do you understand..." not, "do you agree to..." so your understanding is not really important to the fact that they're doing it anyways. At least thats what i read from my phone's tiny screen...

I did note this as well after I went back and read the text of the forms in the pictures (had to download and enlarge them) that Dan has so graciously provided. So it may actually make checking or not checking the box in question a moot point.

Still very, very angry about all of this right now.

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
Here’s how my crystal ball says this is gonna play out:

You go in there to buy a Ruger 10/22. You fill out the paperwork, check “no” to the offensive bits, and write a $25 check to the DOL. Then you go home and begin your waiting period.

The dealer mails off this form and counts down until 10 days pass.

You come back on the 11th day and your dealer shrugs because they never received an answer from the CLEO or sheriff. They hand you your rifle and you take it home to put in your safe.

Three months later, once the paperwork has actually been processed and they see your “no”, they’ll send a denial to the dealer. The dealer tells them you already have the gun. An argument ensues about who’s responsible for getting the gun back because you’re now denied.

You might get a call from the dealer asking for the, now well used, rifle back. Or Officer Friendly will knock at your door to ask for the rifle back.

Then what? Refuse to comply with the SWAT team that gets called because you told Officer Friendly to pound sand? Turn the rifle over then file a lawsuit that you’ll lose because this is the BS law that was voted in?

Sounds about right, all except for the 3-month lag time with DOL. It's probably going to be longer than that.

Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good point... now that you mention it that backlog will probably be measured in years, not months.

Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:56 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

usrifle wrote:
edogg wrote:

Right? I will never agree to the HIPPA waiver on principal alone.

You already do if you have bought a handgun....

From the PTA...

"Buyer: Read the following statement carefully I certify I am eligible to possess a pistol under RCW 9.41.040 and 9.41.045. I understand by signing this application I am waiving confidentiality and requesting the Department of Social and Health Services, mental health institutions, and other health care facilities, to release information relevant to my eligibility to purchase a pistol to a court or law enforcement agency. I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of Washington that the statements and other information set forth in this application are true and correct. RCW 9A.72.040"

Bold and size altered to add emphasis...

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well Sonofabitch. I can't believe i never noticed that. icon_eek Is that for just that purchase, at the time? Or is that a "Waiver" Like under 1639?

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Well Sonofabitch. I can't believe i never noticed that. icon_eek Is that for just that purchase, at the time? Or is that a "Waiver" Like under 1639?
According to the post by Matt from Talos Tactical in West Richland the pistol one is a one time thing vs lifetime release for 1639.

Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:03 pm

beckdw wrote:
usrifle wrote:
According to the post by Matt from Talos Tactical in West Richland the pistol one is a one time thing vs lifetime release for 1639.

Who really knows?
Sad but true.

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Someone on a gun-related Facebook page just pointed something out that I think is interesting (not saying it's correct, just thought-provoking). He was talking about how transfers of frames/receivers (like AR lowers) will not be able to be processed come July 1 (when FBI discontinues the courtesy instant NICS checks for everything but long guns). The reason is because frames/receivers fall into the "other" category, and the state will have to do the BGCs themselves. But the new state transfer forms (see below) do not have a way to mark the firearm as an "other"; it only provides options for either semi-automatic rifle or pistol. So, with lowers being neither of those, but unable to be processed by NICS after July 1, there will be no way to complete the state transfer application. Thoughts?

Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next