Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:28 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 July 01, 2019.... Is it the end of the world? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So everyone knows that Initiative 1639 goes into law on July 1st and the date is quickly approaching.

I had an interesting conversation with a local pawn shop owner about it. I told him the talk on the forums was about people doing all the buying they could before the deadline. I also told him that many say they're done buying after July 1. He then made a really good point and possibly changed the way I'll be looking at this ridiculous new legislation going into law.

I think we can all agree about how ridiculous and ineffective the new law is and we can also all agree that it will be a huge pain in everyone's ass from the manufacturers, retailers, FFL's, buyers and simple gun owners. There are no winners but the liberal retards that have been brainwashed into thinking this law is a good idea. The point he made was that we should continue to buy guns no matter how ridiculous and convoluted they try to make the process. If we were all to collectively quit buying guns after July 1, the only clear winner is the brainwacked libtards that passed the ridiculous legislation.

Personally, I'm going to keep buying as many guns as I can afford after July 1 just to spite the bastards. I'm going to make it my goal to insure their misplaced efforts have as little impact on my actual gun buying habits as possible. If we quit buying guns because of their legislation then they win. F*** that!!

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You make a very good point Ron, i need to think about this a bit. The problem is i am one of those that get's "delayed" all the time. doesn't matter all my Federal BC checks, it happens almost every time and then gets "approved".
Since the BG checks will fall to Local LE and FFL's are scared to release i see the impending backup as a serious problem.The 4473 is only good for 30 days, i foresee a problem with recycled "delays" due to the system for Legal buyer's.
Clogging the System when the State has no incentive to clear it up is probably an exercise in futility. There is no incentive to streamline the process, it doesn't fit the Agenda.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What if we worked with the Indian Nations to set up gun shops on their land? They would not be in the jurisdiction of the State law and free from any state regulations

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Clogging the System when the State has no incentive to clear it up is probably an exercise in futility. There is no incentive to streamline the process, it doesn't fit the Agenda.

Exactly - it's a nice thought that we can "break the system" and the legislature will be forced to fix it, but the reality is it's already broken - they and the idiot voters broke it, and they did it on purpose. It's absolutely an exercise in futility. There's no sense in using a broken system...we need to fix it, our own way.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You’ve got me thinking now.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't see how the massive surge before july is any different than a steady stream of business as usual. I know I put off my plans for a bigger safe, ammo restock, and upgrades of individual guns I already owned in favor of buying over a dozen new guns just to spite them. I'll be suffering for a while to pay it off, but Inmade my point. There will be plenty of time to puck up the uncontrolled items now.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
What if we worked with the Indian Nations to set up gun shops on their land? They would not be in the jurisdiction of the State law and free from any state regulations

I like this kind of "outside the box" thinking Casey!

No matter what happens, however asinine the legislation gets, I will still be buying guns until I'm either too old or too broke to do so.

Last edited by old11bravo on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:

Nope don’t think it works that way. Anacortes Gun shop is on Swimomish reservation and he is talking about it too. BUT possibly if it’s a Indian run store maybe they would have more say/pull?

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
...Personally, I'm going to keep buying as many guns as I can afford after July 1 just to spite the bastards. I'm going to make it my goal to insure their misplaced efforts have as little impact on my actual gun buying habits as possible. If we quit buying guns because of their legislation then they win. F*** that!!

*ensure

But aside from that... You, and your buddy at Sound Loans is right: quit buying and THEY win.

When you go for training you will be supporting another pro-2A business (to make some lemonade from this lemon).

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This will have no effect on my buying habits. It'll just take a little longer before I can take it home. If you've bought an NFA item then you know what I'm talking about.

The issue Sound Loan is having is there is no clear path of what to do. I know Jeff has tried to get clarification from the AG's office but only got the runaround.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:02 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

old11bravo wrote:
Personally, I'm going to keep buying as many guns as I can afford after July 1 just to spite the bastards. I'm going to make it my goal to insure their misplaced efforts have as little impact on my actual gun buying habits as possible. If we quit buying guns because of their legislation then they win. F*** that!!

Same. :thumbsup2:

Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
old11bravo wrote:

Same. :thumbsup2:

I had the same thought a while ago.
Put me in the "same" class.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My plan has been to buy and challenge.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:

As soon as you leave an Indian tribe's jurisdiction, you are a subject to shitty WA laws again.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
*ensure

).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next